Moog Problem Solver Sway Bar Bushings- Caravan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is something for 1996-2007 Dodge Caravan owners experiencing the common problem with premature sway bar bushing failure.

Moog has a new revised Problem Solver bushings for these vehicles. I came across these after the standard blue urethane Moog replacement bushings were shot in 6000 miles, but at least Advance auto gave a refund.

I had to order them at a local independent auto parts store, Advance auto had no listing for the new part #, O'Reilly auto parts shows them available online. Cost was $20 with tax for the kit, we'll see how long these last.

http://www.moogproblemsolver.com/new_products_bushings.php

http://www.brakeandfrontend.com/issue/article.aspx?contentid=100527

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
Chrysler went to that design a couple years ago as a replacement.

Perhaps for the 2001-07 models, the 1996-2000 bushings appear to be a stock design. The new Moog bushings for those models are wider with an improved material, minus the nylon sleeve.

Plus, if you can get them from an O'Riellys type store they should be more generous on the warranty. I'll post back if these fail early as well.

The blue Ramcoa Moog 6641 bushings I installed in April we're in bad shape already.

The Ford Windstar minivans had a very similar designed sway bar link and the bushings were prone to go bad. I wonder if Moog has a 'Problem solver' bushing kit for those mini vans as well?

Good news, thanks for the info. Our '07 Town & Country would eat anything that I installed in a matter of a few months. Numerous sets of stock rubber bushings, then two sets of the blue Moog polyurethane ones, then one set of the "new" Chrysler OEM bushing with the nylon insert. It had the nylon insert ones in it when we traded it, and it was already getting squawky again. Our 2003 Grand Caravan only had 2 sets of replacement sway bar bushings in its first 80,000 miles (when we traded it), but our 2007 had at least 6 pairs in 40,000 miles. Dunno why.

If it has the nylon, now it is converted to a sliding surface, and it needs lube.
Might as well just go to poly bushings and keep them lubed.

Originally Posted By: mechtech2
If it has the nylon, now it is converted to a sliding surface, and it needs lube.
Might as well just go to poly bushings and keep them lubed.

Its not simply a matter of lubrication, the bushings in this design seem to take a pounding for some reason and the nylon insert is only available for the 2001-07 models.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back