O Reilly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know what O Reilly core charge policy is? How long do you have to return a the core? I just ordered remand axles for my 2002 Tacoma buy it will not be a least another week before there installed.

I don't know what it is but I would imagine it's something reasonable, like 90 days or something like that for exactly that reason. A week is nothing.

Why are you asking here instead of just calling the store where you bought them?

Originally Posted By: ARB1977
Does anyone know what O Reilly core charge policy is? How long do you have to return a the core? I just ordered remand axles for my 2002 Tacoma buy it will not be a least another week before there installed.

Pretty sure I told this story on this forum a few weeks ago. So if this is a rerun, you've been warned.
A couple of years ago, I was cleaning out a building on some of my property when I came across a core for an alternator on a vehicle that I no longer own. The alternator had been purchased at O'Reillys. The core had been off the vehicle probably 6-8 years and still had the receipt, perfectly legible, in the box. I returned it to O'Reillys and asked them if the core money was still good. A counter jockey told me that the number of the core was still valid. However, since it was so old, he couldn't get the computer to spit out the money that was owed me. He called the store manager over and the store manager again said that the O'Reilly number was good and that I would be able to get my core refund. However, it took him almost 45 minutes of fighting with the computer before he was able to get me my money. Why he didn't just give me the money so I could leave, (and then fight with the computer afterwards) is beyond me.
But anyway, you asked about the core and it was still good at that time.

Originally Posted By: DBMaster
Why are you asking here instead of just calling the store where you bought them?

Forgot to ask, lol.

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
I don't know what it is but I would imagine it's something reasonable, like 90 days or something like that for exactly that reason. A week is nothing.

Thats what I was thinking, thanks.

Originally Posted By: Kruse

Pretty sure I told this story on this forum a few weeks ago. So if this is a rerun, you've been warned.
A couple of years ago, I was cleaning out a building on some of my property when I came across a core for an alternator on a vehicle that I no longer own. The alternator had been purchased at O'Reillys. The core had been off the vehicle probably 6-8 years and still had the receipt, perfectly legible, in the box. I returned it to O'Reillys and asked them if the core money was still good. A counter jockey told me that the number of the core was still valid. However, since it was so old, he couldn't get the computer to spit out the money that was owed me. He called the store manager over and the store manager again said that the O'Reilly number was good and that I would be able to get my core refund. However, it took him almost 45 minutes of fighting with the computer before he was able to get me my money. Why he didn't just give me the money so I could leave, (and then fight with the computer afterwards) is beyond me.
But anyway, you asked about the core and it was still good at that time.

It's didn't see that. OReilly is the next Costco, pretty cool.

ARB1977 said:
Why he didn't just give me the money so I could leave, (and then fight with the computer afterwards) is beyond me.

Because if he couldn't have gotten the computer to agree with the transaction, he would have been out the money himself.

Originally Posted By: hate2work
ARB1977 said:
Why he didn't just give me the money so I could leave, (and then fight with the computer afterwards) is beyond me.

Because if he couldn't have gotten the computer to agree with the transaction, he would have been out the money himself.
Or lost his job due to his till being short. That may work at a small business but these big corporations really watch for theft and what not.

Originally Posted By: DBMaster

Forgot to ask, lol.

When I reread this it sounded a bit terse. Sorry about that. I am not a fan of the shopping experience at these types of stores, but I generally like the store and they carry parts of comparable quality to NAPA - a step above Auto Zone. When I don't buy my parts online, I generally go to O'Reilly's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back