02 Silverado 5.3L Oxygen Sensors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Own a 02 Chevy Silverado 5.3L and just received 2 Oxygen Sensors by Denso 12562943(234000-5170) inside an AC Delco Box. I ordered AC Delco Sensors thru Amazon. Why would they send me an AC Delco Box with Denso sensors. The original sensors removed from my truck also are labeled Denso and have the exact numbering as the 02 sensors that just arrived but the only difference is that the original 02 sensors say "Japan" and the ones I just got do not...Do I have the correct part or did amazon make a mistake and sent me the wrong sensors? Everyone raves and recommends using AC Delco sensors but has anyone ever read the name and numbering on the actual sensor?

The outside of the AC Delco box reads ACD#213-819 and GM# 1256943.

Please advise, i have not installed them yet..

AC Delco doesn't make anything anymore; they are just a marketing name. FYI, most GM O2 sensors are made by Denso.

Loobed is correct; most GM spark plugs are made by NGK. Filters are made by Champ labs. Some of the AC Delco batteries are made by Deka. Standard Products makes many of the AC Delco plug wire sets. They bought Packard wire a number of years ago.

Dave

Last edited:
It's just like how a lot of Motorcraft EGO and HEGO sensors are made by NTK and Bosch. They are made to a spec given by GM or Ford and a lot of times are NOT the same as the Denso and Bosch and NTK brand sensors.

Wow, why don't they stop advertising the sensors as "AC Delco" when the actual part clearly says "Denso". When champion labs picked up the American made AC Delco oil filters I dropped them and switched over to Napa gold(Wix). I guess if I was to look closer into the Napa gold I would find a Wix label in fine print. My point is that the outside package of a Denso 02 sensor should not be an AC Delco Box.

Thats what I call "misrepresentation". Too bad we can't apply strict food code labeling to parts. Although our food is somewhat going thru the same thing by using "natural flavors" and not having to identify every single food ingredient that makes up that "natural flavoring" label...misrepresentation all the way...anyways,

What about the "Japan" label on the original just removed sensors vs the one I got today that do not say "Japan"

Last edited:
Delphi does or did at one time make O2 sensors. At one time, they probably made most of the sensors branded as AC Delco, and most of the sensors found in GM vehicles.

Since GM no longer owns Delphi, they no longer have that reason to use Delphi components or rebox them as AC Delco.

What's the big deal? You got the exact replacement part. Like mentioned - AC Delco does not make parts, various suppliers do. Buy a part for your computer and it may say HP or Compaq - but it will be made by somebody else. No different.

There is nothing we can do about labeling nowadays.
It is beyond being out of hand, and is overwhelming to decipher.

Those parts are probably great - so just enjoy!

Originally Posted By: mechtech2
There is nothing we can do about labeling nowadays.
It is beyond being out of hand, and is overwhelming to decipher.

Those parts are probably great - so just enjoy!

Agree.

The 02 sensor does not want to budge. Not much leverage around the passenger side CAT. Any suggestions. The two on the other side were a lot easier to loosen..

Get it hot or use something like PB Blaster.

Originally Posted By: Gito
The 02 sensor does not want to budge. Not much leverage around the passenger side CAT. Any suggestions. The two on the other side were a lot easier to loosen..

^^^Yes, or even better yet, Kroil, if you are lucky enough to have it on hand.
wink.gif

Sprayed PB blaster on the threads the night before just as advised and used the short open spark plug socket with ratchet adapter on the side of the socket to loosen the o2 sensor...it worked...Next I will have to check with code reader to see if anything changes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back