Royal Monarch Super Syn 10w40 Motorcycle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just poured this in my dirt bike and am eager to see how it does. I get this oil from a local distributor. The price is about 40% less than other, top end motorcycle synthetics. This is a 100% Group IV PAO.

1040-1.png

Last edited:
BigJohn, no oil is 100% PAO oil, and its hard to believe it's only 6 bucks and some change shipped to your door. But, the manufacture has said it's PAO formulated oil and JASO-MA-2 rated. It does not say...."Meets JASO Rating....it say's JASO rated...So....thumbs up to see the results of the UOA I assume you will eventually get down the road some day.

Originally Posted By: Sonataman
Doesn't 40 grade START at 12.5 cst?

This is oil heavy 30 grade!

Or you could call it a light 40 grade. I am not concerned a bit.

- The viscosity range for an SAE 30 grade oil is 9.3cSt – 12.5cSt. The viscosity range for an SAE 40 grade oil is 12.5cSt – 16.3cSt.

Good point on the JASO comment. This is a new oil, so I have inquired with the distributor for answers.

Here are a couple of answers that I have already recieved from the company.

TBN seeming a bit low?

"- The more important point is TBN retention over time, which indicates the oils ability to scavenge corrosive acids produced during engine use and overall robustness. An Oil with higher TBN values does not necessarily mean that the drain interval will be longer."

Percentage of PAO? (I didn't expect them to give us percentages, as no manufacturer will offer the recipe to their secret sauce.

" We are not saying that the product is formulated with 100% PAO, We use the necessary amount in our formulations in conjunction with specialized additives to give our products superior oxidation, wear, rust and deposit control."

Last edited:
I am surprised that no one has commented on the flash point yet. At 470 degrees, this is one of the main reasons I love this oil. Riding high, steep trails....usually in 1st gear, my bikes tend to over-heat on occasion and I love this protection.

Originally Posted By: LargeCarManX2
So....thumbs up to see the results of the UOA I assume you will eventually get down the road some day.

My YZ426 just shreads oil and I have to change every 500 miles, which is about 5-6 rides. After this weekend, she will have two of those rides completed. I should have the oil worn out in about a month, weather pending, no later than the end of November.

So a UOA will be coming pretty quickly.

Last edited:
Had the Vstrom run in to the shop for a top end check and valve check. The 'wrench' said that this was one of the cleanest and least wear bikes he has seen.

Also....just dropped 4 quarts into my '04 RT and the smoothest yet.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back