MICRO GREEN OIL FILTER

Status
Not open for further replies.
any of you scurrilous oil dogs familiar with this product, does anyone have any experience with the MICRO GREEN OIL FILTER?

linky ---> http://www.microgreenfilter.com/

here's the claims from the website:

The microGreenTM oil filter offers tremendous benefits
and significant competitive advantages over conventional filters:

2 Filters in 1 system keeping oil cleaner, longer
Patented microfilter captures particles down to 2 microns
65-70% reduction in oil maintenance costs
Potential for up to 5% improvement in fuel efficiency
70% reduction in oil use
50% reduction in filter use
Improved engine life and vehicle maintenance
Better for the environment
US Patents issued: 6,605,215 and 7,048,848

The microGreenTM oil filter is the most advanced technological leap in engine filtration in 30 years. It replaces a conventional oil filter assembly without requiring any modifications to the engine or filter housing. By continuously filtering a small portion of the engine oil through the patented microfilter system, the microGreenTM filtration system allows your vehicle to operate up to 30,000 miles without changing the engine oil.

Installation & Use

Installs and removes like a conventional filter

The microGreenTM filter is simple to use and makes engine oil maintenance much easier and less expensive. When the vehicle is serviced, the oil is changed and the microGreenTM filter is installed. At every other oil change interval, the microGreenTM filter is changed but the oil remains in the engine and is simply "topped-up" if necessary.

Thus, for vehicles with a 3,000 mile oil change interval, a new microGreenTM filter is installed every 6,000 miles but the oil is not changed until 24,000 miles (see chart below). For vehicles with a suggested change interval of 5,000 miles or higher, the microGreenTM filter is changed every 10,000 miles and the oil can be used up to 30,000 miles.

The microGreenTM oil filter replaces a conventional oil filter assembly without requiring any modifications to the engine or the filter housing. It has the same specifications as a traditional spin-on oil filter - steel base plate, standard attachment threads, standard filter sizes, internal pressure relief valve, anti-drainback valve, and high quality pleated filter media. Therefore, it is installed and removed like a conventional filter, requiring no change in installati
on technique.

ok, did a search, saw the cut open filter, and complaints about the price ...

38.gif

any new experiences in the last week?

happy2.gif

Wouldn't using Aisoil Sig series and any good quality filter accomplish the same stuff they are bragging about?

I run amsoil and drop the Wix filter mid way thru the change so I'm using 8 quarts of oil for 21,000-22,000 miles, over the standard 3000 mile OIC's I'm keeping 48 quarts of used oil away from our environment.

Had a hard time reading the green text...

But anyhow - I will PASS on this filter. I wonder how you can have a "Potential for up to 5% improvement in fuel efficiency" just with an oil filter??? I smell snake oil.

Nothing whiz bang about it. The Filtran Double Duty, Fleetgard combo filter and a couple of others (A Donaldson, IIRC) contain dual efficiency filtration. Historically, as it was told to me by people in the industry, they have had some trouble with longevity as the finer media plugged quickly leaving it pretty much as a regular filter. Upgrades seem to have improved this. I don't know much beyond the ad hype and specs on the filter in question, but the price is a put off.

I use the MG 301-1 (about a double oversized) for my '07 Prius with M1 5W30 EP and run it 10k miles per change.

Oil looks almost new coming out.

Very happy with it.

110,000 miles on the car, burns about 1/3 of a quart every 10k miles. This means I don't need to add any oil between changes.

Notes:
1) Yes, I know I'm not using the filter as advertized.
2) Yes, I know I'm not running the M1 EP for the "full" 15k miles.

Yeah, 10,000 mile OCIs on a Prius are hard to categorize with non-hybrid engines. JMO. Still, interesting that the color I guess you are supposing here, came out so well.

OK, so I'm at around 4200 miles on a tiny microgreen. Fram Extended guard (nee' ultra) and p1 had me screaming to get the opaque black oil out @ or before this mileage. I'm going to be able to easily hold out to the max via Owner's Manual 4800 - still translucent brown. It's working well in my application.

Originally Posted By: LineArrayNut
OK, so I'm at around 4200 miles on a tiny microgreen. Fram Extended guard (nee' ultra) and p1 had me screaming to get the opaque black oil out @ or before this mileage. I'm going to be able to easily hold out to the max via Owner's Manual 4800 - still translucent brown. It's working well in my application.

Only a UOA can confirm this as oil color has nothing to do with how dirty it is.

Originally Posted By: Provi

Only a UOA can confirm this as oil color has nothing to do with how dirty it is.

LOL! I made no reference to particle count nor any other quantitative data. Only my subjective feelings. lol but anyway every UOA of this motor shows that even mid saps oil is fine at 4800 miles. You don't think RT6 and MX4T and M1R are robust enough? lol the only thing I'm saying is that the look of the oil is better than the previous 4 OCI's. I asked Pablo if amsoil's EA top of the line filter would help with the black oil this motor produces quickly and he said it would not. SUBJECTIVELY, IN MY APP the microgreen helps. that's all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back