verizon playing games with mobile broadband cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHZR2

Staff member
I have a VZ air card for work. Have had it since 2009, tons of use on it.

Recently, more and more, it will show 3G with a couple bars when I first start the program and connect, but after a while, it will show no bars on 3G and only one or two on 2G, plus slow down. I use it in places with very strong signals - the meter on my VZ blackberry in the identical location shows 2-3 bars of 3G constantly.

It has been getting worse, and it seems to occur more as I use more data on it.

Is this VZ playing games to try to force expensive tethering plans or something like this?

THe air card is an invaluable thing for getting real work done while away from the office. While the BB is good for communication, sometimes a real VPN using real software is needed, and the air card delivers. WHen on 3G, its plenty fast too.

Any ideas?

It could be...I am having trouble with my LG phone getting wireless. It works fine for a few minutes, then won't load a page for up to 5 minutes.

This happens whether I'm using the phone or using it to provide wifi for my PC, or Ipad, or anything else. It's not the tower near my house either, it does it everywhere....3G, 4G, doesn't matter.

I've put in 3 trouble tickets now, all with no resolution.

I'm starting to think it's a software thing.

I had issues with an older cell phone that would drop signal in some areas that other phones from the same carrier would have 3-5 bars. I contacted them on it and found out my phone was too old to use the network that they had setup in that area. If I remember right, it was the compression methods they used in that area were too processor intensive for my phone to handle. I ended up getting a newer phone and problem solved. Maybe the VZ card can't handle the updates they're putting out on the network?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back