Penetrating oil for high temperature application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any penetrating oil for loosening up bolts and nuts on a high temperature equipment? Temperature is slightly above 100 deg.C.

Most of the penetrating oil the flash point is slightly above 60 deg.C only... Thank you.

Last edited:
whats the flashpoint of kerosene ??
I'm thinking it needs a spark to ignite.....

with that in mind, Kero. and ATF (ratio depends on your application) works VERY well.
I've mixed it 50/50 in a dawn dishsoap bottle to use anyplace you can stand the smell.

Last edited:
Wouldnt heat help the power of the penetrating lube?

I wish PB Blaster could stand the test. That stuff is GOLD. Better than Liquid Wrench, for sure.....

I also agree that it would simmer but not ignite on hot surface. I used to spray car engines with it.

Originally Posted By: GearheadTool

I wish PB Blaster could stand the test. That stuff is GOLD. Better than Liquid Wrench, for sure.....

I also agree that it would simmer but not ignite on hot surface. I used to spray car engines with it.

I have alternated pb blaster and a oxy/acetylene torch, it makes a lot of smoke but not much fire.

I thought there was a nonflammable Liquid Wrench. Did they stop making it?

Last edited:
From what I could find Break Free CLP liquid has a flash point of 132.2C.

That was from a 2003 MSDS it may have changed since.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: wsar10
whats the flashpoint of kerosene ??
I'm thinking it needs a spark to ignite.....

with that in mind, Kero. and ATF (ratio depends on your application) works VERY well.
I've mixed it 50/50 in a dawn dishsoap bottle to use anyplace you can stand the smell.

Kerosene flash point is between 37 deg.C to 65 deg.C. Not sure after mixing with ATF what would be the flash point....

Originally Posted By: GearheadTool

Its for industrial application, concern brought up by our safety personnel.... PB Blaster the flash point is slightly above 60 deg.C so on paper makes it not suitable.

Originally Posted By: AVB
From what I could find Break Free CLP liquid has a flash point of 132.2C.

That was from a 2003 MSDS it may have changed since.

From the internet I see Break-free CLP liquid is more for weapon (fire arm) preservation? How well does it function as a penetrating oil?

Last edited:
Yes it is made for fire arms, I am not sure how good of a penetrant it is. It is not as good as a true penetrating oil, but it is better than nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back