VOA Mobil Super Synthetic 5w20 SN

Status
Not open for further replies.
donnyj08

Mobil super synthetic SN 5w20

Thanks for posting the VOA on Mobil Super Synthetic 5w-20.

Just like the MC 5000, Mobil is using the Action Packed, Sodium Add Pack like Napa Conventional, VWB, NexGen and Castrol GTX, Valvoline SynPower, DuraBlend and NAPA Full Synthetic.

There must be more, than what appears on the VOA, with the cleaning ability of all these sodium add pack oils.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Thax
Looks weak on paper but should perform just fine.

i have a uoa in the uoa section using this oil. you will have to scroll down a ways for the correct pic, however. performed amazingly well.

Originally Posted By: Oregoonian
A TBN....would have been helpful.

I did a VOA a year ago on this oil. Tbn was around 7.5-8 iirc. I posted it on here.

Last edited:
Hmm. This is around $6.50+/quart most places. For $4.29/qt at NAPA, I can get Kendall GT-1 which seems much, much better. At least on paper.

Actually, a lot of cheaper semi- and full-synthetics seem better on paper. Could be that Mobil has the superior base stock, despite the unimpressive additive package.

The Mobil Super Synthetic is on sale at AAP this month for $4.99 a quart.

However, IMO, it is not that great of a deal, since you can get a 5 quart jug of M1 at WM for almost the same price.

Originally Posted By: MinamiKotaro
Hmm. This is around $6.50+/quart most places. For $4.29/qt at NAPA, I can get Kendall GT-1 which seems much, much better. At least on paper.

Actually, a lot of cheaper semi- and full-synthetics seem better on paper. Could be that Mobil has the superior base stock, despite the unimpressive additive package.

this batch i got on sale last year when orielly's ran it for 3.49 a quart. i bought like 250$ worth of it. so like 72 quarts. it served me well, and performed amazing. i have a uoa on it as well.

Originally Posted By: Hallmark
Kendall GT-1 syn blend ($3.70/quart) appears to have a superior formulation and superior UOAs.

I'll stay with ConocoPhilipps products.

01.gif
I've had great luck with COP oils.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mongo161
The Mobil Super Synthetic is on sale at AAP this month for $4.99 a quart.

However, IMO, it is not that great of a deal, since you can get a 5 quart jug of M1 at WM for almost the same price.

I have made the decision to not spend one more cent at Wal-Mart for as long as I live, so its prices are not a consideration for me.

Originally Posted By: volk06
Originally Posted By: Hallmark
Kendall GT-1 syn blend ($3.70/quart) appears to have a superior formulation and superior UOAs.

I'll stay with ConocoPhilipps products.

01.gif
I've had great luck with COP oils.

I'm going to try Kendall GT-1 on my next change. I think I found a place that sells it for $4 qt. Hard to find this oil since Pep Boys stopped carrying it.

Originally Posted By: Thax
Looks weak on paper but should perform just fine.

Only for the short OCI's common in the US, it lacks Calcium and Magnesium detergents along with no Moly or Boron AW's in my opinion. Similar additives to Castrol GTX, which is a real good oil for 5K miles!
The Na figure is high, so it's designed for bad fuel (High Sulphur) use or too much time at idle.

Last edited:
Titanium and Sodium is used the budget oil. Is there anything to read about how these additives perform against calcium and phosphorous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back