Where is the OBDII port on 2000 XC70?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ill bring it to Advance today, so that they can scan the codes. Of course they are off now, but, come on intermittently/sometimes.

I am reading everyone else's post about the car, but I want to know where the port is so that Mr. Advance Auto doesnt fumble around in my ride. Thanks!

In later models I believe they are under the steering column like regular cars, but I think the older models they are buried in the center console and there is a plastic cover labeled OBDII or something like that.

I always thought if it weren't under the steering column there would be a sticker there saying where it was.

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
LMGTFY

That was my first thoughts too.
Sometimes I find it strange that people ask stuff here when they could just search a specific car forum, which is obviously more likely to have the answer.

LMGTFY

What is wonderful, is that when you search for "Where is the OBDII port on a 2000 XC70?" the first link is this thread.
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: SLCraig
LMGTFY

Sometimes I find it strange that people ask stuff here when they could just search a specific car forum, which is obviously more likely to have the answer.

Well after posting on two Fusion forums, and 50+ reads I got the answer to my transmission question answered here.

Just say'n YMMV

Don't know that car, but the vast majority of cars, it is just above the drivers foot mounted under the dash.

Have you looked there?

BTW - you might be surprised how good a $69 scanner from HF can be.

Last edited:
The OBD port is never going to be any more than 2 feet from the steering wheel. I've seen them on the center console too.

Originally Posted By: Smoky14
Originally Posted By: SLCraig
LMGTFY

Well after posting on two Fusion forums, and 50+ reads I got the answer to my transmission question answered here.

Just say'n YMMV

More or less why this is my go-to. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back