If you could only have one knife for survival?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you could only have one knife on you at all times being in the woods what would if be? oh and less than $100

It's maybe over by $30 but I like my benchmade osborne 940bk.

I think I paid $133 for mine.

Why not a good KasBar? Good value for the money. You can get a Big Brother double sided KaBar for about $70 if you search on Google.

Any folding, assisted opening, one handed knife with a pocket clip. I like the cheap $15 ones from the gun shows. I have had expensive knives and cheap knives, you can sharpen them all to a razor edge, and some hold an edge better than others but I prefer cheap ones that I sharpen regularly.

Heavy carbon steel butcher knife with wooden handle, nothing fancy. Served outdoorsman for centeries.

I've got a Kukhri bashed out of a truck spring in Nepal (allegedly) that sort of does everything pretty well.

Other than that, my 4" folder that I've sharpened so many times that the blade clears the handle now.

It's illegal to carry any of the above in Oz. They have, and will fine chefs who stop at the pub on the way home from work, as they are not proceeding directly to or from their employment.

(Have a bunch of dollar store box cutters in gloveboxes as a "just in case" need to cut a seatbelt, or a bandage and are away from anywhere.

Shannow, I drove across the bottom of Australia in '99 in a 73 Kingswood. Always in my pocket was was a Leatherman. A chef's knife and a Machete with a 24 inch blade I got in Costa Rica were always in the boot.

Was I breaking the law, or was it more recently enacted?

'99 you were probably breaking the law.

http://www.deweyknives.com.au/klaws.html

When enacted, one of our club members was drawn on in Orange for having a leatherman on his belt. Hasn't stopped stabbings (doctors are now piling in on banning chef's knives..."no-one needs a knife with a point to cook"...like "no person who should be able to shoot at an animal needs any more than a single shot")

Congrats on the trip, those Kingswoods are worth gold now, as they created a "cheap" racing class for the HQ, and subsequently wiped out a heap of them...I would have picked the Torana, same drivetrain, 1,000 lb less.

It's a bit sad, I had pocket knives when I was younger than either of my children...took them to school even.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back