Nagant revolver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I am about 85% done cleaning all the cosmoline off of my 1925 Nagant. You know how sometimes people say how bad something is and you think to yourself "couldn't be that bad?" Well in the case of the double action trigger on the Nagant it is absolutely that bad. This is the worst trigger I have ever pulled on any firearm of any kind. The single action pull is not great, but nothing too bad. That DA pull is just useless unless you are dryfiring for grip strengthening purposes. Cool little weapon though....not bad at all for $100. I will shoot is some this weekend and report further.

AIM surplus....I get all my c&r stuff from them. I bought a ruger blackhawk from buds. Now that's a wheelgun!

Last edited:
Yeah, the Nagant was reviewed by Shotgun News or Guns & Ammo not to long ago with several other WWII pistols.
The author said that it was pretty good at "executing prisoners" and not much else.
I find that opinion to be accurate with this firearm.
It is interesting as a history piece, but not very good as a defensive arm that a side arm is supposed to be.

Oh yeah...when the zombies come it goes to the guy down the block I don't like. I just dig weapons!.

Originally Posted By: 95busa
That thing is no joke!

No, no its not.. its a whole lotta gun ! i will get one sooner or later. patience
20.gif

Oh yeah...well as long as you shoot single action, never have to reload and don't mind a very weak kneed round, the nagant is a great weapon!

Last edited:
I also love all the zombie references as of lately.. seems like the US has some zombie feaver ! We have a upcoming "Zombie crawl" guess what that is !

Sounds weird but a quick tip for getting cosmoline off a gun it to boil the gun. I know it sounds crazy but that's the best way.

Goof-Off will take a ton of it out of the wood.

Remember you can shoot 32 H&R Magnums out of that revolver. 108 gr bullet going 1100 fps is a worthy round at close range. Not bad for a $100 gun!

I have heard that the .32 casings will bulge and/or split if used in the 7.62 cylinder. Thats why they make a cylinder cambered for .32

I have only put 7.62 nagant through my nagant revolvers. And yeah the double action is useless, just treat it like a single action.

Yeah the Nagant has so many moving parts that the DA trigger can only be brought down to barely mediocre. It was the one gun I fired that made my Enfield DAO Tanker revolver trigger feel good.

Many people have reduced the heavy trigger pull by placing a nut, circular piece of wood, a lead "bullet" weight commmonly used for fishing, etc. between the mainspring and the frame on the inside of the grip. Do some searching and you will find some details.

Also, as Texan4Life mentioned, you can buy conversion cylinders for the pistol to shoot the more common .32 caliber rounds. The cylinders often require some "fitting", however, to work properly.

With the recent inlfux of Russian surplus ammo, though, you might as well just shoot the original ammo.

Yeah....I am not sweating the anemic ammo too much. I have other guns for business, this one is just for recreational shooting

Have you shot any of the Russian surplus? It's quite a bit more powerful than the commercial stuff.

I have some. Haven't shot it yet though. Don't really matter to me though. I use 230 grain hydroshocks out of a much more modern weapon when terminal ballistics mean something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back