$35k for an 87 grand wagoneer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
These Wagoneers are expensive. They have an iconic-status...cult-status amount yuppies.

I don't see it going for much over $25k to be honest. It's real nice. But $25k is about it.

Talk about yuppie....it even said it was used in a Ralph Lauren commercial back in 2010. 'Nuff Said.

Originally Posted By: Phishin

Talk about yuppie....it even said it was used in a Ralph Lauren commercial back in 2010. 'Nuff Said.

Any LeBarons popping up?
laugh.gif

They actually have some funky stuff like the citroen and the troop carrier but then it's half beemers.

Oh man, what a scam. They are great vehicles but I would refuse to buy it given the DVD and aftermarket parts. Keep it original!

Yeah - just b/c you price it higher doesn't mean its a "classic"...

Jeep 2005 Wrangler Rubicon
4.0 Liter Six
$23,900

Huh, and I thought Jeeps didn't hold their value?
2005 MSRP
$27,465

2005 Invoice
$24,939

Last I checked Wagonmaster was selling them for $40-50K. You're getting almost the equivalent of a new vehicle though. They go through the entire Jeep and make sure everything is in good shape and do a lot of reconditioning/restoration. Wagonmaster has been in business for at least a decade now, so there's definitely a market.

There is absolutely a market for these vehicles. They are American classics and there are a few companies that will sell you one that has been brought back to better-than-new condition.

When you think about the cost of the components of the restoration, $35K does not seem all that high to me.

Nobody is forcing anyone to buy this vehicle, and I might suggest that the original poster just does not know what is going on here.

Lastly, I would point out that there is a market for the same vehicles in "used" condition selling for well below $10K.

(I don't have one).

we had one just like this, what a heap! always leaking oil, and had a stupid vacuum actuated 4WD system, took some distance before it would engage.
we broke the rear driveshaft coming back from FL towing a 28' travel trailer, the yoke snapped going over a bridge in MD. the tow guy came out in a late '60's Ford tow truck w/ a 390 and a 4 speed IIRC (I was a teenager, trying to remember) and he hooked us up, trailer and all and pulled the whole shebang!
$35K? like they say, it's a jeep thing, you wouldn't understand...

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
"This truck was the recipient of a complete Wagonmaster restoration."

It's a Wagon Queen Family Truckster! 4wd edition

You think you hate it now? Wait until you drive it!

I'm reminded of the Car and Driver article, back in the 90s, when those things were still being made. One of the editors had one that had been lent as a test vehicle. Brand-new, showroom fresh. He was filling up at a gas station and a guy pulled up at the next pump, looked the Jeep over and asked "Nice Jeep, did you restore it yourself??"

Originally Posted By: mpvue
we had one just like this, what a heap! always leaking oil, and had a stupid vacuum actuated 4WD system, took some distance before it would engage.
we broke the rear driveshaft coming back from FL towing a 28' travel trailer, the yoke snapped going over a bridge in MD. the tow guy came out in a late '60's Ford tow truck w/ a 390 and a 4 speed IIRC (I was a teenager, trying to remember) and he hooked us up, trailer and all and pulled the whole shebang!
$35K? like they say, it's a jeep thing, you wouldn't understand...

I had a buddy that had one back in the late '90's. What a pile!! I think it had the 360 in it. Always some little thing breaking. Leaks and idiot lights being on were common. Always some sort of emissions or engine sensor going out. Ac was also very poor. As I recall.....

Originally Posted By: css9450
I'm reminded of the Car and Driver article, back in the 90s, when those things were still being made. One of the editors had one that had been lent as a test vehicle. Brand-new, showroom fresh. He was filling up at a gas station and a guy pulled up at the next pump, looked the Jeep over and asked "Nice Jeep, did you restore it yourself??"

They did use the body for a long time, but it was a testament to how good it was. 1963-1991 may be the longest production run of any SUV with an unchanged body.

I would like to own a Grand Wagoneer or other full size Jeep one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back