aFe OIL filters??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know anything about the aFe "Pro Guard D2" oil filters?

I noticed these on their site, not realizing they marketed/made an oil filter.

Does anyone know who makes it for them, media type, screens, ADBV type, etc., etc.?

Call AFE and ask. I think it's a legit question -- see if they can prove they are more than just marketing.

If you look at the product details on the aFe website, there are exploded views and graphs that answer most of your questions. Looks to be near 100% efficient at 20 um, with synthetic media and a silicon ADBV. Looks to me like a Champ Labs product similar in construction to the K&N oil filters. Good filter but at a high price. You can get the same in a Fram Ultra for a lot less money. You can get teh same efficiency, with less capacity in a P1.

Originally Posted By: Jim Allen
If you look at the product details on the aFe website, there are exploded views and graphs that answer most of your questions.

Here's an example ... it does look like a high quality and great performing filter. Click on the small figures near bottom LH side of the page to see construction and performance data.

http://afepower.com/shop/details_new.php...&brandID=71

Thanks everyone.

I did not have a chance to delve too deeply into their site.

Maybe what I meant to ask was; "has anyone on here actuallyused one of these?".

Not much you could tell from using one vs another similar quality filter. Quality filter in all respects and you can do a pretty good evaluation from the specs... construction and media performance and, pretty much, if you've used a K&N or an M1, you've used one of these. Very similar construction, though differing media.

Originally Posted By: Jim Allen
Not much you could tell from using one vs another similar quality filter. Quality filter in all respects and you can do a pretty good evaluation from the specs... construction and media performance and, pretty much, if you've used a K&N or an M1, you've used one of these. Very similar construction, though differing media.

OK, thanks Jim.

I will just stick with the NAPA Plats, and Amsoil EaOs then.
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back