Auto-RX and FP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been lurking around this site for a while, and decided to register and make my first post on my impressions of these products. I bought Auto-RX and FP/LC because testimonials on this site, and am running both in a 2000 GMC Sonoma 4 cyl, a 1995 Chevy C2500 350 V-8 truck, and a 1982 F-250 Ford truck with a 351 V8. After 2/3 of the "clean" cycle of ARX, I notice little or no change in mileage or in how the Sonoma runs. The C2500 "feels" noticeable less harsh while running, and feels very smooth. I have not checked the mileage as this is a ranch truck and spends a lot of time off road and idling. With the 1982 F-250, after about 1/3 of the "clean" cycle, the truck was very, very less harsh, and very smooth and quiet when running. Each of these vehicles is on about the fourth tank of FP. I know my findings are not scientific, but which of these products would be showing the most effect? I know for testing purposes that I shouldnt run both products at the same time, but wanted the benefits of both and didnt want to wait.

quote:

Originally posted by MAJA:
I know my findings are not scientific, but which of these products would be showing the most effect? I know for testing purposes that I shouldnt run both products at the same time, but wanted the benefits of both and didnt want to wait.

A totally uneducated, unscientific guess would be that both products are giving benefit. The ARX on the oil side, cleaning ring packs and such, will give lower friction and provide smoother running. The FP on the fuel side is doing cleaning as well, providing some lost fuel lubricity, and adding some fuel energy too.

I don't know as it would be a problem using FP and ARX together, seems they may compliment each other as they do cleaning from different sides (oil and fuel). Yeah, I know that some FP may find its way into the oil from the combustion process but doubt there would be enough for any kind of an additive clash. Now Lube Control and ARX may be a different story, the experts may have an opinion.

I'm currently running ARX and FP together, but I started out with ARX and Lucas, and while it made dramatic improvements, it did do much for the idle. I also ran a can of 3M throttle plate cleaner through the intake, which made a big difference as well. As soon as I put FP in, I noticed my idle smoothed out quite a bit, and am confident it will smooth out in it's entirety.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back