AutoRX....on a Pontiac 400 (6.6 liter V8..yay)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I couldn't really come up with a snazzy title. But I pulled my manifold off today, to replace it with a nice performer rpm one.

So I'm sitting there...and I go...hmm I wonder how those heads are doing.

So I shine a light in and take a peek inside the heads...oh thats odd...I can't see anything. Wait a minute...everything is black...completely black.

The car currently has a small rear main seal leak (yay rope seal!), and a mysterious compression issue with cylinder #8. (The one thats hardest to get too).

So the question is...is this a hopeless case? Should I just buy a gallon of AutoRX and dump it in? Tune in next time for another question thats asked far too often by far too many people.

Ken,

Thanks for the suggestions. As soon as the car is running again, I'll start the AutoRX and fuel power treatments.

(Car isn't running due to failed attempts at installing new goodies...never underestimate the attempt of an old car to resist mods.)

Not a gallon. Follow the directions on the Auto-Rx web site exactly, and unless there is physical damage to the metal or the seal, you'll likely be pleasntly surprised at the effects.

For cleaning the combustion chambers and fuel systems there are several well regarded products. Fuel Power is one, Schaeffer's Neutra is another, and Chevron Techron Concentrate, Amsoil P.I., BG 44K, Berryman B-12 Chemtool are others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back