My AutoRX/FP/LC results

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a full Auto/RX treatment to both a 2002 Honda CRV-EX with 47K miles on it and a 2003 Honda Accord with 12K miles (I know many of you think this was stupid but I did not think it would hurt to get rid of contaminants from a new engine). Neither car had problems before the treatments and I went back to using Schaeffers 7000 10W-30 in each car after the treatments. Before the treatments I had used Schaeffers 7000 5W-30 in both vehicles during the winter and got great UOA's. I also started using FP and LC after the RX treatments.

After using these products for 2-3K miles, both cars are running great but I can't tell a perceptible difference in power, engine noise, etc. My wife drives the CRV and I don't get many miles on it so I really can't tell any difference with this one and the MPG has actually decreased 0.2 MPG. I plan to do a tuneup no later than 50K and see if that makes a difference. My Accord is a 5 speed and it does seem to idle a little more smoothly after the treatments. I drive a lot of short (3-5 miles) trips each day and drive it fairly aggressively. My MPG has increased from 26.3 MPG to 28.1 MPG and is still trending up.

My gut feeling is that the FP is making the difference in my mileage for the Accord but can't for the life of me figure out why the CRV is not showing any improvement at all. I am not sure what all of this means but I plan to continue using these products and tracking my results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back