Chase Bank. $500 day ATM limit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if Chase Bank DOES have an ATM limit, is it Midnight-Midnight as the 24 hour period?

This car costs $1700 cash and I have $860. Friend has the money, but now CASH! OR... Would a professional private seller have an issue accepting a "Certified Cashier's Check?" I know bank branches are open on Saturdays. Thanks!

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Why dont you just go to a branch and write yourself a check to cash?

Its Boston Credit Union. And in worst case scenario, we will.

JHZR2, after this whole ordeal, all we have to do is pay the man tomorrow and it is done. That was my worry.

* Debit Card ATM daily cash withdrawal limit of $500.00.
$2,500.00 daily limit for Point-of-Sale purchases or when card is present. Free ATM withdrawals at all CBCU ATMs and surcharge-free SUM Program ATMs with direct deposit of your payroll check into a City of Boston Credit Union account. Without direct deposit of payroll check your first 5 ATM transactions per month are free at CBCU ATMs and surcharge-free at SUM ATMs, thereafter you will be charged $1.00 per transaction by CBCU. ATMs owned by institutions not on the SUM Program may impose their own surcharge. For a complete list of SUM Program ATMs visit www.sum-atm.com.

Originally Posted By: Carbon
What is a professional private seller?

I get the impression the seller is an attorney.

Quote:
Why is a personal check not OK?

Not guaranteed funds, not a cash or certified form of payment a la money order, which is same as cash. Certified Cashiers Check MAY be alternative. MAY. I can the the seller refusing it. (Car bought, check bounces.. Think an attorney would allow that? No.)

It seems there are contingencies in place. I just hope my friend doesnt use this to back out. We need the Subaru, dammit.

Just tell the guy your situation and ask for his help. He'd probably let you put $1200 down with a written contract for example with him holding the title.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
ask him to accompany you to your bank and that is where you exchange the papers and the money.

Agreed. Once you agree to a price, you both go to your bank. You withdraw the money (cash or certified check), hand it to the owner and he signs over the title and hands it, along with a receipt (with the date and time).

If it's on a Sunday or after banking hours then you make certain you have the amount of cash on hand that you're willing to spend and forgo the bank trip.

You could give the seller a couple hundred down and ask them to wait until you have the cash in hand, but that's pretty poor planning and you have to hope the seller is honest.

Simple.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
My credit union is $400 max for ATM.

I recently moved my checking to a credit union. They have a $400 max also. However, after speaking with a bank manager I had the max upped to $3000.

So, those max limits are not set in stone. It was not easy (almost had to close the account) but the rules can be changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back