customized the Ruger a tad today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did some colorfill after liking the looks of some of the AR's and XD's/Glocks I saw it done on. Used some of the wife's white nail polish with hardener(?) and some alcohol prep wipes to pre clean the slide. Brush on, wipe off excess with a piece of coffee filter wrapped tight around the end of a gift card. Fold up a piece of coffee filter soaked in NON-ACETONE nail polish remover to form a pad and lightly wipe back and forth until residue is gone. All that is left is the paint in the engravings. Literally took about 5 mins for both sides. I like it. And I've read that it is very durable too.
IMG_20120922_122705_zps3a7a0eff.jpg

IMG_20120922_122713_zps1fcbe7c2.jpg

IMG_20120922_123456_zpse8b8f138.jpg

OT: I don't get it; I've seen Ruger with AZ markings and somewhere I read they are made in NH. Curious some are marked with the factory of origin and others the corporate hq.

Southport is a section of Fairfield; home of Angela Bower.

Last edited:
Nice! I like to do this too.
I used some paint in little jars from WM. I forget what it was called now. I used a toothpick to dab it into the grooves on my USP and my old AR. I used ATF to clean the excess.
usp_new.jpg

Originally Posted By: Colt45ws
Nice! I like to do this too.
I used some paint in little jars from WM. I forget what it was called now. I used a toothpick to dab it into the grooves on my USP and my old AR. I used ATF to clean the excess.

Nice!

Looks good, I think. Nice job on both guns.
thumbsup2.gif

White on black or blue steel- I wonder if- Hmm... maybe black paint(or Halloween Nail polish?? Do they still have that?) on a stainless: Ruger 10/22, or Single six, or S&W Kit gun? The S&W logo might look pretty good that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Black nail polish should be quite common. They need to supply the "goth" crowd you know...Black on stainless looks dang nice.

squeezed off 50 rds today at the range. Paint held up fine. Gun worked flawlessly. Was slinging Federal 115 gr stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back