iPhone 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. It's me. With more Apple "stuff".

One phone (my phone) finally arrived by UPS. The other was supposed to come today, but it's not even in PA. . .

UPS is telling me it should be coming tomorrow. Saturday? Lets hope. . . .

Anyway,

Having it in your hand is crazy. It feels so light and thin. I am really impressed with the build.

cqk5K.jpg

M8701.jpg

Sprint has no 4G LTE in Philadelphia. It wont be rolled out until November, however the 5 is much quicker on the same 3G than the 4S was at my house. Wifi, 50mbps & 5GHZ, is INSANELY quick.

I am missing my 4S though. The weight of that phone was something I liked. The 5 is just so light. Built really well. Just not used to the weight yet!

IOpVq.jpg

B628j.jpg

The new "earpods" really do sound VERY good. Even and warm bass that I was not expecting from a "earbud".

For an included earphone, they are amazing.

As for the new connector:

It is a lot smaller than I expected. It transferred my contacts and about 9 GB of music from the iMac in less than 4 minuets.

Very happy with it so far. Hopefully by tomorrow I will have the black one here so I can get a few shots of that up as well.

Nice! ifixit did a teardown on one of those, if you can get past the screws, the screen and the battery should be really easy to replace. I might get one for the ease of repair as I tend to keep stuff for a long time.

Looks amazing! I'm still here on my iPhone-3GS hahahaha!

Only 7 more months on my contract...

PS saw this video earlier today, seems quite tough for how thin it is

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm - looks rather nice. Very thin indeed.
But as you mentioned, I also like the weight of my current 4s. it would be a bit weird to carry a very light phone. the 4s feels 'solid' in my hand.

(I upgraded to iOS 6 last night and apart from the much talked about imaps, I like the enhancements iOS 6 brought to the 4s - 4S got all the iOS 6 enhancements I think)

Originally Posted By: 97tbird
Hmm - looks rather nice. Very thin indeed.
But as you mentioned, I also like the weight of my current 4s. it would be a bit weird to carry a very light phone. the 4s feels 'solid' in my hand.

(I upgraded to iOS 6 last night and apart from the much talked about imaps, I like the enhancements iOS 6 brought to the 4s - 4S got all the iOS 6 enhancements I think)

I think part of the weight difference is the absence of the glass sheet on the back.

I think you are horrible for buying an apple product with their lawsuits and horrible wavy maps. And I can't imagine you would pay $1400 for two of them, what are you, a brainless fanboi???

wink.gif
smile.gif
:p

(sarcasm making fun of other threads for those of you who were going to notify and call this an attack)

Don't care about I Phones. It's pretty sad people wait for days just to get the latest and greatest. By tomorrow it will be old news.

Originally Posted By: ARB1977
Don't care about I Phones. It's pretty sad people wait for days just to get the latest and greatest. By tomorrow it will be old news.

Then why even post here? There are enough other hatred for iphone threads that you may well have already given your 2c in.

Looks nice. Apparently the Verizon version runs on its CDMA network and is also unlocked GSM when you pay the retail price! That means this baby runs on all major US networks but sprint and most global networks. And $649 off contract is very competitive with other high end smart phones. I may have to pick one up for a toy and resale value will be high.

Looks like a very nice piece of hardware. I'm sure you'll enjoy using it. The true 16:9 aspect ratio will be nice for folks who enjoy watching videos and multimedia.

I upgraded my 4S to iOS 6 on Thursday morning. It seems to have better wireless performance and better battery life. The panorama picture mode is helpful as well. I obviously don't get the 16:9 screen with just an OS upgrade though!

They're continuing to make a great product even better.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Then why even post here? There are enough other hatred for iphone threads that you may well have already given your 2c in.

People of good will can at least recognize what others see in a particular product, even if they don't prefer it themselves. But there are some who will always have to interject the fact that they don't like something. It doesn't add to the discussion in a positive way, but I guess that's human nature.

Negatively really wears me down, but others seem to thrive on it. I guess differences like that are make the world go 'round...

Originally Posted By: VeeDubb
Looks nice. Apparently the Verizon version runs on its CDMA network and is also unlocked GSM when you pay the retail price! That means this baby runs on all major US networks but sprint and most global networks. And $649 off contract is very competitive with other high end smart phones. I may have to pick one up for a toy and resale value will be high.

Sprint is CDMA... ? Sprint is a good network.

So, rg200amp. Lets cut to the chase, shall we! What are some of the ways the iPhone 5 will "trump" the SGSIII that I see advertised "Everywhere?" I figure you are the person to ask, oh Employee Of The Month
laugh.gif

I'm OK with negative and positive as long as its good natured and people are having fun. This is what makes watching sports fun. A little junk talking adds spice. I suspect for most, with the exception of a few fanatics, this is what the android vs apple debate is....a surrogate type of sport. When people get hot under the collar, that's when its gotten out of hand.

I get the sense the op, rg is having a good time with this and I enjoy his posts even though I lean toward Android. But I stopped bantering back because some others wil take this whole thing way too seriously (on both sides of the debate). So now I try to be objective and noncontroversial
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd

I upgraded my 4S to iOS 6 on Thursday morning. It seems to have better wireless performance and better battery life. The panorama picture mode is helpful as well. I obviously don't get the 16:9 screen with just an OS upgrade though!

I did the same on my iPad and am definitely seeing a difference in battery life. It runs all wifi.

Originally Posted By: GearheadTool
Originally Posted By: VeeDubb

Sprint is CDMA... ? Sprint is a good network.

Yes but Verizon and sprint phones seem to be less compatible. I did notice though that there is only one CDMA/GSM model 1429 for the iPhone 5. Its possible but you'll have to do research.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: ARB1977

Probably for the same reason you have posted here multiple times your views about what a waste t.v and texting are. Are the "rules" different for him than they are for you? I've often said the same about you - why bother posting!

I myself agree with ARB1977 - I wouldn't wait in line for most anything, much less the "latest and greatest" phone. I wonder how many people called in "sick" yesterday.

Last edited:
Wal Mart sent me an e mail yesterday that they were in stock in their stores. Not sure what all the pre order hoopla was about.

Looks like a Samsung, btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back