Bad Motorcraft ADBV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the chances of a MC oil filter having a bad ADBV?
confused2.gif

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
confused2.gif

Anything is possible to include this.

confused2.gif

They changes are not very high, but it is certainly possible. Every filter is susceptible to ADBV failure.

I think it's quite possible. I do a mouth-test of oil filter ADBVs before buying them, and I find that Purolators seem to have the highest incidence of non-sealing. I still use them (either under PureOne or Motorcraft brands) almost exclusively, but I hunt for good specimens.

Originally Posted By: Stu_Rock
I think it's quite possible. I do a mouth-test of oil filter ADBVs before buying them, and I find that Purolators seem to have the highest incidence of non-sealing. I still use them (either under PureOne or Motorcraft brands) almost exclusively, but I hunt for good specimens.

Now thats some funny sheets . MOUTH TEST. I'd bet you're not married either.

confused2.gif

No,not at all.But,a friend of mine who has a 302 in his truck,always buys his FL-1As from O'Rielly auto parts.He was in WM a few days ago and bought one there.Suddenly,the engine made that "infamous" clatter upon start up after using the filter.He took it off,bought one from O'Riellys and all is good now.
21.gif

Hmmmm,oil filter CPR! Very interesting!
shocked2.gif

So, are you're suggesting MC filters purchased from WM are differant or inferior to the ones sold at O'Reilly's??

Last edited:

Could you explain how this 'mouth-test' is done?
I use a lot of Purolator filters so I'd like to check them...within reason.

PS: I don't believe there is any difference between a WM and an O'Reilly's MC filter.

Originally Posted By: tig1
So, are you're suggesting MC filters purchased from WM are differant or inferior to the ones sold at O'Reilly's??

Not at all.I was only stating what happened,what he did,and the conclusion.
If you read the title of my post you will see I was basically asking a q? about a MC ADBv,not to state that one was inferior to the other.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: pbm
Stu_Rock said:
PS: I don't believe there is any difference between a WM and an O'Reilly's MC filter.

I don't think so either,but it does seem kind of odd. That's the reason I asked the q?,because it was a MC filter.I buy my MC filters at WM and never had this problem.
21.gif

Absolutely possible, anyone can put out a bad batch here and there. The fact that it came from WM is very likely just coincidence, someone has to get it. I didn't feel the OP was suggesting anything, just stating the facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back