O'Reilly's 5W-30(SM), 8,096 miles, 04 Honda Accord

Status
Not open for further replies.

RLM

092012sample.jpg

This Accord just keeps impressing me no matter the oil used. Finally bringing myself to try a 10,000 mi run with the current fill of 60% Toyota 0W-20 + 40% M1 TDT 5W-40.

Well Darn that sizing didn't work at all. I had this down at one point but it has been a couple years since I've posted here. Mods can you help? Not sure I can fix it.

Sorry guys I think that is as good as I'm going to get it. Its so blurry its giving me a head ache.

From the looks of what I can make out, the results are great.

It looks like TBN is about 1.8, single digit wear metals, was still in grade, and insols are at 0.3%. All in all a good report.

I could throw this into a code block, but there really isn't anything to add except the add pack! lol

Honda I-4 is very easy on oil. Conventional house brand shows very little wear metals with TBN above 1.0 after 8k miles, I agree with Blackstone that this oil can be used for 10k miles in this engine with similar driving conditions.

Look at that Sodium heavy add-pack !!

Lordy! Lordy! They have been using CHEAP additives !@!!!!#@!# How could they !!@!!#! WHERE IS THE MOLY ?!?!?!?!

Lol j/k ! Looks great man. I'd be scared taking it to a 10k drain when 8k shows tbn of 1.8. But its your car. Myself, Id run PP 5w30 + P1 combo in that engine for 10k without hesitation. Potentially retain its tbn a bit better allowing for a nice cushion to reach 10k miles

Can't read it on my phone but am interested in the results since I have the same year/model. Just pulled shell syn 5w-20 with 7150mi today but have not mailed the sample yet. Is it the i4 engine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back