Best place for Sheepskin seat covers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need a new pair for the wife's Matrix and also my Toyota PU
Price IS a consideration.

Looking for pointers please.

Would be interested myself in black ones, I need something to be able to mindlessly hop into my car after a day working as a mechanic to protect the seats.

I have cheap Wal-Mart ones now, and they already saved my seats. Was burning out a bushing and had some melted waxy bushing on my pants, and it left a smear on my seat cover, about 6 inches long.

I know it would have ruined the seat, as the work pants with the bushing guck on them have been through countless soapy hot washes and soaking for a long time once or twice in my washing machine and the black stain is still on the pants.

So, I know it would be a permanent stain on my seat. Got to love seat covers, they fit tight enough to look like regular seats.

Last edited:
There are those that would insist that you must get one made from pelts from New Zealand. Others would insist that Scottish pelts are the finest. Some would say Persian sheep (ie:Iran) produce the finest pelts.

21.gif
personally, I can't tell the difference between a New Zealand sheepskin and a Texas or Wyoming sheepskin. I would prefer that the pelts come from a country like the US, UK, Australia or New Zealand....

My only real concern would be the seat mounted side airbags on the Matrix. Some designs do not allow it to employ properly in a side collision.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some covers have the option of a side Airbag weak area, if not, I would have a weak seam put in.
The price of covers seems to vary greatly, from as little sa $45 to almost $300!
Most claim to be Ausrailian Merano wool (even the cheap ones) I guess the Tanning makes a difference?

My truck has had SS covers since new (85) they have been wonderful, but did not do well in the last cleaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back