Lube Control/Delvac 1300 and slow cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m thinking of using LC to slow clean an ’87 Honda Accord with 120k miles that’s seen undocumented 3k dino oil changes. It’s my mom’s old car who claims to have changed the oil every 3k. I suspect she changed the oil between 3.5k to 6k miles.

I know Auto RX gets top billing at this forum, but I tend to swim upstream and I think LC used with Delvac will give similar results.

I’m thinking of using the recommended dosage of LC for 1-2k miles and then the flush dosage at the end of the interval.

Depending on results, I might do this procedure twice.

Delvac 1300S + LC sounds like a great combination.

offtopic.gif
I'm running Delvac 1300S with 11 ozs LC(10%) and a full bottle of AutoRx in my '89 S-10.At 2000 miles into the run I added a Gulf Coast O1-jr bypass filter.I'll pull a sample when I change the TP element at 3000 miles total on the oil.Why LC+Rx?
dunno.gif
I was bored that day.
grin.gif

Mark

quote:

Originally posted by rugerman1:
Delvac 1300S + LC sounds like a great combination.

offtopic.gif
I'm running Delvac 1300S with 11 ozs LC(10%) and a full bottle of AutoRx in my '89 S-10 ... Why LC+Rx?
dunno.gif
I was bored that day.
grin.gif

Mark

You left some room for actual oil, right?
lol.gif
tongue.gif

I say go for it. Not THAT many people use the LC JUST for cleaning. I'd love to see measured/ visual results.

I have no opinion either way as to the effecicacy of cleaning a grunge bucket with LC.....I'm runnin LC in the wife's car with Amsoil 10W-40, but that engine is fairly spotless at only 80000 miles. (Yes the same car I did a 20K Amsoil 5W-30 on)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back