Wurth Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know the name wurth oil, but Shell 5w40 t6 would work or shell rotella 15w40. You never mentioned the weight of the oil you are using now. What is the name of the suv. A 98 model is an old diesel.

Its a German-made oil fairly popular among european cars - they also manufacture euro car-specific fluids like coolants etc

not enough info to recommend for your application but i would consider wurth as a good brand of fluids

I've never seen Wurth oil, but everything made by Wurth is of the highest quality. Possibly rebranded Fuchs.

4M40 - Mitsi say anything above CD, so anything goes. We run them on Fuchs Ultralube 15-40. You'll have a cooling system problem and then a cyl head problem before any lubrication issue.

I live in Germany and none of the engineers I know buy engine oil from Wurth and I have never seen it for sale here. Wurth are a very big company, but they seem to be mainly export orientated and if you want to use a top quality engine oil from Germany, I would recommend Liqui Moly (Lubro in the USA), which is the most popular engine oil company in Germany and overtook Castrol in sales figures this year. Fuchs is also thought to be a good company, but they don't compare to LM in production or product range terms.
The Germans produce some very good lubrication products and were the first folks to develop fully synthetic engine oils. German cars are driven very hard on the autobahn and the manufacturers recommend long service intervals, so most folks buying oil here tend to buy top quality products only, which is why Liqui Moly and Castrol dominate the local market.
No one except a long distance truck driver uses 15/40 as it causes more wear on initial start, particularly if it is cold, a 5/40 is probably the best viscosity range unless the manufacturer indicates otherwise.

Last edited:
Hi,
Wurth products generally are of a very high quality. They do export into Asia including Australia

I believe that they may be amongst the "mix" of German FF suppliers to Daimler AG

I would use any of their compatible engine lubricants without a second thought. I use a number of their lubricants and greases and have done for many years

Use with confidence

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back