Schaeffer supreme 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have used Schaeffer products for the past eight years. 9000 5w-40 in VW TDI's. EOA increased OCI to 14500 to date. Recently added a Volvo Gasser to the stable and wanted to use 9000 5w-30. I got hooked on synthetic oil. Had run Rotella T6 5w-40 prior without a problem at 10000 OCI for four years but no EOA. Just can not seem to grasp all the oil data available here but the Euro syn standards appear to be the highest.
The real question being is Schaeffer superior to domestic syn at Walmart. Price has been comparable but must travel 100 mile for Schaffer or have it shipped.
Thank you: ( also considered Total & Liqui Moly )

Originally Posted By: seeker
The real question being is Schaeffer superior to domestic syn at Walmart.

Superior to what exactly? Something like M1 0w-40? I doubt it.

YES!! that is the question! Mobil 1 states on container.(not to be sold out of the US) as a synthetic or what? When I started buying oil in the mid 50's it was in straight grades 10/20/30/40 weight ND-HD. we only had advertisements to guide us.
So I went with Quaker State - Wolfs Head then Castrol. All worked well, BUT what is giving me the best for my buck. Have not done burn outs for 40+ year's but would like to give my engine a treat. no longer do we need to go by advertisements alone. Would like a true synthetic not [censored] !
Thank You

Would like a true synthetic not [censored] !

And here we go again...

18.gif

YES!! that is the question! Mobil 1 states on container.(not to be sold out of the US) as a synthetic or what?

Before you get too hung up on the notion of which is a "real synthetic" and how products are labelled, take a look at the German Castrol (GC) 0w-30 at your local retailer. It's a "true synthetic" Group IV. Yet, read the label. It states it's not for sale "Outside the Americas." That's on bottles in both the United States and Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back