Favorite Beer threads of 2013 combined

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schlitz has been reformulated back to the 1960s recipe and is quite good. If I want something cheap I'll get regular PBR, which I also like. If I want something fancy, I'll get one of the locally brewed beers or Boulevard.

1006schlitz.jpg

Last edited:
On this site?

OLD ENGINE OIL, of course. Scotch based malt that is wonderful to the tastebuds and looks very reminiscent of my last drain.

Originally Posted By: cutter
Lately, I've been drinking lots of sour beers (lambic, geuze, flemish red). Before sours, I had been really into trappist ales (quads mostly).

I like this going to be drinking Monk's Cafe tonight u made me thirsty. The problem with asking a big time craft beer drinker what do you enjoy drinking most people would spit out the first swallow and say this is craft beer. The best thing to do is try many styles of beers and keep an open mind most don't know what they like till many months and and many a dollars spent to find out what u really like. BTW I really been into Barley Wine but no I do not reccommend the style for the firt timmer.

Originally Posted By: Oldwolf
Newcastle Brown Ale is my standard, always some in the refrigerator. Lately you will also find Sam Adams Boston Lager there.

The gal at the beer store said this, as I was checking out with both of these last time, "Ah...the historical battle between the Brits and the Colonies".

I thought that was a pretty witty comment.
smile.gif

A Brit would probably NOT but Newcastle Brown in the refrigerator. But some have been adopting Bad habits lately
smile.gif

When I drank beer it was always Natural Light. Started drinking it because it was cheap but as I tried different brands I realized it was also my favorite.

Originally Posted By: Bgallagher
Pabst Blue Ribbon. Unlike the emo yuppies, I have been drinking PBR long before it was cool. Happy the yuppies like it because it is showing up on a lot more taps in Boston.

OMG!! I had no idea what the heck Pabst even was until one of my sister's friend brought a case of it to the cottage because it was cheap.

Goes down decent, but certainly doesn't have anything on Beck's for taste.

In the 70s I drank Strohs beer. Then they disappeared and I was drinking variuos beers including Milwaukee Best (was $2.10 a six pack at local drug store), Bud, Bush, whatever. One of my favorites and what I would pick if I were to drink a beer now, is Corona. I don't drink anymore though, and probably have consumed a total of a case in the last 10-15 years, some of that NA beer.

Originally Posted By: chevyboy14
ok so i grew up in the sticks and we all drank beer like most teenagers do (i in no way think its a good idea) bur we always drank [censored] like natty light. i have been trying out various beers lately and was wondering what you guys like i kinda like coors light but it is kinda watery. what do you guys enjoy drinking? thanks guys
Oh, yeah, drank Coors 3.2% beer in the 70s out in Colorado. It was like water, probably similar to today's Coors lite. (Back then 3.2% was sold if you were at least 18 but not yet 21.)

Other than that:, No posts since mine two days ago?
Did everyone else also quit drinking beer?
21.gif

In the '70's as a young guy I had to drink the vile continuous fermentation local beers, but in my early 20's moved to the local Dalmation wines - ports, rose and sauternes. In the early '80's craft beers appeared, and the local brewers upped their game, so now NZ beers are some of the best in the world.

I prefer crisp lagers, or darks....anything in between is ok too. Going too dark into porters is not so nice, nor are ''summer'' beers like radler. But I do like ciders too - cider down here is an alcohol drink.

I never could stand anything from Miller, and I've lost interest in anything from AB. I usually drink Labatt's Blue. I did try a Yuengling recently and liked it, but Labatt's is closer to my price point. Don't like Heineken or Beck's, Dos Equis or Leininkugel. Had a Sapporo that wasn't bad...but that was years ago. I think I had a Guinness once...didn't impress me enough to try it again.

If I'm driving...I will drink O'doul's.

GrtArtiste

I rarely drink beer, but on the occasion that I do I like a good solid stout, a rich porter or a black ale.

I can't stand the lighter beers that seem to be so prevalent-Anheuser-Busch, Miller and Coors products simply taste like flavored water.

Originally Posted By: eoghan
Guinness anything else is used to wash the glass out before filling with the Guinness!!!
laugh.gif
Anything else tastes like dishwater.

+1

Guinness has become my go to drink of choice.

I have been known to enjoy a nice cold Heineken on occasion. I have also had nice cold Bud Light and it tastes great.

I have also had Bud Ice from a can and, hey, what can I say, its beer.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Yuengling, oldest brewer in the US, but they don't sell north of New York.

HerrStig, What do you think of Sam Adams? Im not quite up on the New England opinion of things!

I am going to break the trend here and say my beer of choice is....

Root.

Mug, A&W, Barqs...in that order. Straight up, chilled, very little foam...it is very refreshing.
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back