StarTron... any info around?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent product for any application. Not just for boats and it is not snake oil. I prefer it to Stabil for dealing with ethanol blended fuels.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: lars11
Found startron for gas engines on sale here, see this site: http://mystarbrite.com/startron/

I usually use sl1 or Stabil for winter, but now this product shows up. A bit cheaper too.

What's bitogs verdict?

Great stuff despite the hokey label. We use it in all our small engines and for the vehicles that sit around waiting to be driven.

Originally Posted By: lars11
Found startron for gas engines on sale here, see this site: http://mystarbrite.com/startron/

I usually use sl1 or Stabil for winter, but now this product shows up. A bit cheaper too.

What's bitogs verdict?
Like to find Startron cheaper here-it's usually $8-9 for a tiny bottle, and marine Stabil can be had for roughly $12/quart if on sale.

Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek
I started a gas additive study part 2 including star-tron. will take 2-3 months to complete.

That's great. Will be very interesting. How will you evaluate them?

Use Yamaha Ring Free Plus. About $40 a qt, but does 320 gls of fuel at 10 gls an ounce, still cheaper than all the other additives. I also avoid ethanol at all cost. Here in S. Fla REC90 is about 50 to 60 cents a gallon more. Cheap insurance compaired to an engine repair. About $700 to repair the fuel system on my Yamaha f115. That almost always means cleaning the fuel injectors, because ethanol can make them rust.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek
I started a gas additive study part 2 including star-tron. will take 2-3 months to complete.

Boating magazine did one a few months back to see how well the additives deal with water in gas. Nothing to do with stabilizing gas.

Maybe the boating season is over but Walmart did not have StarTron, but did have Mercruiser gas stabilizer. Mercruiser certainly has a reputation quality marine products.

StarBrite (makers of StarTron) makes a ton of boating products like cleaners, waxes, etc.

Last edited:
My buddy introduced StarTron to me years ago, called it "bugs in a bottle!" Lol. We use it in everything, from our lawnmower to my fathers Merc 150 4stroke. It is great stuff.

In the same vein, anyone see Stabil 360 anywhere around?

I am intrigued for my land vehicles about the claims it emits a vapor that protects the gas tank walls above the fuel line.

might wanna try AAP and online codes for discounts... they do have marine products... I use seafoam, marine stabil and merc #3... I also have a eth free 91 pump 300 yds from my house! still use my additive package though...
Have used startron in the past... see no problems with it... the little shooter bottles look handy... might wanna check hardware stores when they have sales...

I have had good luck with Star tron. I have the best luck with Sea Foam for stabilizing fuel. I haven't had any luck with Stabil. But I sometimes let my equipment sit for a year. Sea Foam is the best I found yet, Star tron a close second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back