Derringer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've played with quite a few. Never liked them.
They are just to difficult to get out, cock (heavy springs and single action only), then aim (wait, what sights?) and fire.

I find my North American Arms .22 Magnum 5 shot revolver, A true Mouse-Gun, a better option than any of the derringers I have ever played with. It is smaller than a derringer, lightweight, and you shoot it the same way you do a derringer.

Grab them with one hand. Stick the muzzle of the mouse gun into their belly, and let the gasses do their work.

I don't like derringers.
Sorry, but that is my opinion.

I had a derringer and they are to short, and usually the mechanisms are to rough and usually they are to small to handle safely imho, my right hand ran into a derringer I was handling and it went off, the bullet went thru my right hand and 20,000 dollars later and a good surgeon, my hand is ok thank the Lord.

I still have pistols, but all barrels are 4 inch or longer, no more accidents..............it was my fault it went off, but never again will I own a derringer, you are asking for it imho, way to small for safe handling.

Ive always viewed them as a bit of a novelty item, yes there functional.. with that said there not practical at all, and as mentioned above they can be very dangerous.

I also don't very much like them. 2 difficult to get into operation quickly IMHO. Ill take a Kahr PM9 or PM40 any day. PM9 16oz and fits in a shirt pocket.

I might get a Derringer just to stick in the gun case and look cool. Bond Arms ones are pretty [censored]. I'd never try to use it as a CC piece.

That what my XD is for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back