Fuel Fragrances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I came across these Fuel Fragrances (http://www.manhattanoil.com/fuel-fragrances.php), they are basically just small bottles of some fluid that you pour into your gas tank and it makes your exhaust smell like strawberries, or blueberries, or whatever.

Anyway, I used two bottles last year with no ill effects that I can tell. I have not had a UOA done after using this product. Does anyone know any specifics about the formulation of these products? I am not using it in an alcohol powered vehicle, just a standard gasoline engine.

I called the company, they said it should have no ill effects. I remain a bit skeptical or at least curious, as to how this stuff works.

As to how well it works, well it works pretty [censored] well, my exhaust smelled really strong of blueberry and later, pina colada.

Anyone have an experience or input on these? I don't use them often, mostly at car shows just for fun.

Thanks!

They are just an ester based fragrance. I have used them before in my off-road machines with no strange effects or deposits.

At the concentrations you are running them I wouldn't worry about any strange side effects.

Were you running them in an auto with a cat? It said on the bottle that the cat would negate (probably burn off) most of the fragrance. It was expensive so I never tried it in my truck!

Never tried it on a vehicle with cats, I just use them on my offroad stuff (quads / buggy).

You guys think a UOA would be worth anything or there really shouldn't be any deposits at all?

I used to run that in the snowblower to take the nasty smell of burnt fuel off my clothing.The blueberry smells better than exhaust stink.

I need a skunk or sewer smell Fragrance for the tailgaters. Now to dump a heavy dose into the intake as they approach my back bumper.
And a hand full of those smoke balls dropped into the exhaust as they approach

Oh, I thought it was going to be about cologne that smells like fuel. I wanted to get some nitro methane cologne.

Another good one would be used motor oil fragrance.

Originally Posted By: Errtt
I need a skunk or sewer smell Fragrance for the tailgaters. Now to dump a heavy dose into the intake as they approach my back bumper.

They make one that smells like marijuana...

Few cars follow my Cummins diesel.

Originally Posted By: Donald

Few cars follow my Cummins diesel.

I was thinking the same thing, get a rollin coal switch in your diesel and there will be 4 car lengths behind you in traffic before you know it.

Originally Posted By: TallPaul
Oh, I thought it was going to be about cologne that smells like fuel. I wanted to get some nitro methane cologne.

that's what i was hoping for as well..
I had the idea a while ago for hand lotions w/ "manly" scents.
like Motor oil.(could even go boutique, and do the different brands.- they do have different aromas)
wouldn't have a clue where to start, but had the idea.

I have never heard of adding smells to a cars exhaust. what will they think of next? I will 2nd the stinky diesel. cars behind me don't think too kindly of the non turbo'd 6.9 in my ford.

Originally Posted By: earlyre

like Motor oil.(could even go boutique, and do the different brands.- they do have different aromas)

Manly Soaps: Gojo, Awesome Orange, Cherry Pumice Hand Soap, Lava Soap...

Originally Posted By: GumbyJarvis
Originally Posted By: earlyre

Manly Soaps: Gojo, Awesome Orange, Cherry Pumice Hand Soap, Lava Soap...

agreed, but i was actually referring to lotion, or hand cream, not soaps. you know, stuff that moisturizes, for when your skin gets really dry/chapped.

It's inside the cab that matters. If one was to let loose a prize winner, roll the windows down (hope the window motors move em fast). The problem is sitting stopped when one lets loose - that's where an emergency fragrance release system is needed to re-flood the cab - or just open the door and bail but remember the driver should put it in park 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back