98 BMW 328is GM 4L30e Auto Trans UOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
BMW lists it as a THM-R1(A4S-270R) which is a GM 4L30e as far as I know.

My transmission had to be rebuilt at 84k miles which at that point I assume they put in new fluid and changed the filter. I will dig up the paperwork to confirm this. It was rebuilt at an independent transmission shop.

At 113,860 (about 30k miles after the rebuild) I performed a drain and fill replacing 3-4 quarts of fluid. I used Maxlife Dex 3.

At 114,690 (830 miles later) I performed another drain and fill with more Maxlife. This UOA sample was taken at this drain and fill.

The transmission seems to be working better than ever.
7798316412_d761453373_b.jpg

this transmission loves fresh fluid. i had one in an izusu rodeo, and could feel the new fluid smooth everything out. mike

I too have this same transmission in my 97 rodeo; same transmission, never been worked on and it has 205k miles of heavy towing, mountain driving, etc.

I change the fluid EVERY 10k miles without fail; I use Castrol Import...I refuse to use Maxlife ATF again; caused rough shifting from 2-3rd gear.

Thanks for the replies. It's good to know it seems to love fresh fluid. I definitely noticed a difference after the first D&F. Ramblin Fever, what was the rough shifting like? I have a small vibration that was gone after the D&F, but is now back between 2-3rd gear. It only happens when hot and under a certain amount of throttle. I think a lot of people wouldn't notice it but it's just barely there enough to bother me a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back