New Kreen Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Trajan
Originally Posted By: Ken2
Quote:
Kreen does no harm. That's the key here. Near magical results with no harm.
Well....I put a pint into the crankcase of a V6 VW with 50,000 miles that burns a lot of oil. It thinned the 5W-40 enough to set off the low oil pressure buzzer and the "stop right now" alarm message. Actually, no engine harm has shown up, and no benefit, either. Some of these VWs do burn way too much oil, and the Kreen did no apparent help.

Notice the kreen pushers are not flooding this thread http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2739283#Post2739283

Near magical results w/o harm? Suuuuuure.

Why would they? Common sense dictates that engine needs more than Kreen. It need to be torn down first and cleaned, that was suggested. Read the comments there.

A year or so ago A-Rx would have been suggested. LOL

Originally Posted By: addyguy
I don't doubt Kreen works, lots of products do.

But for the cost/hassle of getting it, I'll pass.

Don't forget the ensuing hilarity when you dare question it.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: Ken2
Quote:
Well....I put a pint into the crankcase of a V6 VW with 50,000 miles that burns a lot of oil. It thinned the 5W-40 enough to set off the low oil pressure buzzer and the "stop right now" alarm message. Actually, no engine harm has shown up, and no benefit, either. Some of these VWs do burn way too much oil, and the Kreen did no apparent help.

Notice the kreen pushers are not flooding this thread http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2739283#Post2739283

Near magical results w/o harm? Suuuuuure.

Why would they? Common sense dictates that engine needs more than Kreen. It need to be torn down first and cleaned, that was suggested. Read the comments there.

A year or so ago A-Rx would have been suggested. LOL

Completely RIDICULOUS to imagine any product anywhere could clean that engine!

IMO the "Kreen Boosters" are well balanced here by the naysayers. Bravo for continued debate. But it is interesting how selective the comments have become. Nothing meaningful at all, just sniping.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
[

IMO the "Kreen Boosters" are well balanced here by the naysayers. Bravo for continued debate. But it is interesting how selective the comments have become. Nothing meaningful at all, just sniping.

Well said!

I'm frankly very skeptical of Kreen or any similar product. When it's expensive, I'm more hesitant to just try it. So, real debate is educational for me if I hear both sides of an argument with facts and at least reasonable conjecture/theories presented. Sadly, on just about any topic you care to name, we see a lot of opinion, with little or no supporting evidence, and a hostile attitude when challenged. Aka sniping. But, there are still plenty of gems... you just have to dig a little more... and the stuff you dig through has a little bovine tang to it. ( : < )

Originally Posted By: Jim Allen

Sadly, on just about any topic you care to name, we see a lot of opinion, with little or no supporting evidence, and a hostile attitude when challenged.

That's because the "boosters" aka shills expect that you should take their word for it.

Prime example of hostile reactions when you dare question "testimonials" http://forums.noria.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/616604995/m/626103953

Last edited:

LOL
Yep! If you noticed a few of us suggested manually cleaning that beast up. Then like clockwork out came the snipers, so I decided I'd take a shot of my own! LOL

That engine is beyond a pour it in and drive cleaner, even Kreen.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

LOL
Yep! If you noticed a few of us suggested manually cleaning that beast up. Then like clockwork out came the snipers, so I decided I'd take a shot of my own! LOL

That engine is beyond a pour it in and drive cleaner, even Kreen.

That engine is beyond hot, harsh, solvent in a 5000 psi pressure washer!!
crazy2.gif

]
Quote:

So that's a claim that can't be backed up then.

IMO...let the snipers snipe....lol. I used Kreen and it really cleaned up my well maintained T4R. I change my oil frequently and thought my engine was clean until I used some Kreen. First treatment was 18 ounces in the sump and 14 ounces in the gas. I was running 4 quarts of PYB 10w-30 and 2 quarts of Pennzoil Platinum 5w-30 with about 3K on the oil in winter.

I made a 1.200 high speed RT drive to South Carolina from Coney Island, with limited stop and go traffic before highway driving.

The engine ran smooth and quiet and high speed driving was my first run with Kreen.

When I returned from South Carolina I changed out the oil and Kreen. It was black as soot, and flew out of the hot oil pan fast. After looking in the oil catch pan....you would not know that it was used motor oil and Kreen....the color was so bad. There was still a distinct aroma of Kreen in the waste oil. The Bosch D+, oversized oil filter was very heavy with lots of "Jelly like" oil. I shook the contents of the filter into the used oil receptacle and it reminded me of Black Jello.

My second run with Kreen was a follow up to the first run. This time I used 6 quarts of store brand, High Quality, VOI analysed, synthetic oil in 5w-30 grade. I used another Bosch D+, oversized oil filter. Then at 3K miles of normal driving, I added 16 ounces to both the fuel and sump.

This time my driving pattern was short trips, stop and go traffic and a mix of some highway driving trips to NJ and LI.

I keep the Kreen and oil in the sump for 1,300 miles and changed it out. The oil was almost as clean as when I first put it in the sump at he beginning of the OCI. As it poured out in a fury from the oil pan....I could see right through the oil and Kreen. It was like looking through light tan sunglasses with no visible particles of waste. The filter, when I looked at it after removal, was still clean and had the strong smell of Kreen.

So...Let the snipers snipe.....all I know is that it cleaned up my engine and fuel system and my vehicle still runs great with no leaks or oil consumption.

All I can say is....I thought my engine was clean with my controlled maintenance of OCI and fluid changes. Kreen found the carbon, soot, dirt and varnish and cleaned up my "Clean" engine and fuel system.

^^ Nice report Mongo^^ the Snipers don't like to hear "Nice Report" they think we're shills, or worse, paid posters. Remember we're also nameless, faceless people on the Internet and have nothing better to do than push Kreen, or other products on the market for decades that work.

I might be testing Kreen again, hopefully next week when I junk my Aerostar and get a semi beater with known history to replace it.

]
Quote:

Please expound on your assertion.

Originally Posted By: JGW

]
Quote:

Are you saying it can be backed up? Please do so.

Originally Posted By: JGW

]
Quote:

Are you saying it can be backed up? Please do so.

Care to prove it doesn't work?

]
Quote:

C'mon, man. Nobody here is taking this seriously.

Are you?

Let the snipers....snipe away. All they have to do is try the product and "SEE" the results.

Too many people like to take shots at people who are just trying to help another poster make an informed purchase.

All I know is Kreen worked for me, when I thought I had a clean engine, and know the results. I'm grateful to have found about Kreen from BITOG. Otherwise, I'd never know that it existed.

The only other additives that I have used in my oil, in the past, have been MMO and Tuff oil additive. Both worked fine for their intended purposes.

I still, occasionally, pour about 1/2 pint of MMO to my oil about 500 miles before my OCI.

IMO....it helps thin out the oil after a long hot summer run with Dino or Synthetic oil.

I know nothing about auto RX, B12, sea foam or any of the other products mentioned on the board.

I was hesitant about trying Kreen until I had spectacular results with Kroil. Kroil and Kreen are both great products that I will buy and recommend to friends and family.

Most people are blessed to live in a "Free World", to make their own decisions.

Originally Posted By: mongo161
Let the snipers....snipe away. All they have to do is try the product and "SEE" the results.

Too many people like to take shots at people who are just trying to help another poster make an informed purchase.

All I know is Kreen worked for me, when I thought I had a clean engine, and know the results. I'm grateful to have found about Kreen from BITOG. Otherwise, I'd never know that it existed.

The only other additives that I have used in my oil, in the past, have been MMO and Tuff oil additive. Both worked fine for their intended purposes.

I still, occasionally, pour about 1/2 pint of MMO to my oil about 500 miles before my OCI.

IMO....it helps thin out the oil after a long hot summer run with Dino or Synthetic oil.

I know nothing about auto RX, B12, sea foam or any of the other products mentioned on the board.

I was hesitant about trying Kreen until I had spectacular results with Kroil. Kroil and Kreen are both great products that I will buy and recommend to friends and family.

Bravo to you for trying it.

I was ready to pull the engine in my 400k mile Savana. A dose of Kreen literally silenced it in minutes. It runs nearly new now, and I am so grateful to BITOG for bringing Kreen to my attention as well.

Originally Posted By: mongo161

Bravo to you for trying it.

I was ready to pull the engine in my 400k mile Savana. A dose of Kreen literally silenced it in minutes. It runs nearly new now, and I am so grateful to BITOG for bringing Kreen to my attention as well.

Lots of happy Kreen users thanks to Trav for his reports on it. It was a real sleeper that works extremely well.

^^^And I'm pretty sure that Trav never got ahold of any esoteric testing done in multiple double blind studies by major laboratories before he tried it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back