New Kreen Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Vikas
I do not want to be misunderstood but didn't you say that after using Kreen, your engine started to burn oil at alarming rate?

The OP mentioned that the vehicle was burning about a half quart by 1,000 miles before kreen treatment, at least if referring to the OP.

Another person on page 2 of the thread claims their oil consumption was cut in half the OCI after use of kreen.

Originally Posted By: Jim Allen
Will someone please explain what this wondrous substance does?

What it does is quickly and completely dissolve coke, carbon, and sludge.

It also cleans the PCV and intake as it flashes off.

Magical in an older carboned up motor!

I can't see the difference - only really is Kreen appears to have some lube properties.....and no CHEMTOOL is not "just Seafoam"....in fact, I don't think I'd induce acetone/etc through a plastic/rubber PCV line
wink.gif
If that's what you're referring to....may give the B12 CHEMTOOL a shot......tomorrow morning, at a cold start. I've heard it doesn't do much adding the B12 to a "warm" motor, the solution basically just sizzles and pops......frags away under the heat :p

Did a little searching and thee isn't much info available on what Kreen actually is made from. I am normally VERY skeptical of additives of any type (as you know most of them are phony-balony) but there are some endorsements here from people whose judgement is generally spot on. But my skepticism remains and the high cost of Kreen makes the Scot in me say, "Hold on there, lad!" when part of me wants to experiment.

I just got an old cast iron Kohler K-series one-lunger running. Tired and neglected, it had sat for many years, some of it outside. It smokes and uses oil, but runs OK. This would be a prime candidate to test the capabilities of Kreen.

Originally Posted By: Jim Allen

I just got an old cast iron Kohler K-series one-lunger running. Tired and neglected, it had sat for many years, some of it outside. It smokes and uses oil, but runs OK. This would be a prime candidate to test the capabilities of Kreen.

Do it. You won't be disappointed. I seen this stuff do things to my engines that I didn't think was possible.

It dissolves carbon and crud so fast and completely that it really does seem like magic. I'm not [censored]'ing either. I could go 1000 miles in my truck with 20% MMO or any type of solvent and my oil was really clean. 100 miles with 1 pint of Kreen on board.....blacker than black. Runs way better. Oil consumption is WAY down.

Originally Posted By: Trav

In over two and a half years and more cars than i can count ( i have used more than 10 gallons since i started using it) not one lube related engine problem.

Not for nothing but, in over 35 years, without it, I've had no oil related engine failures either.

Originally Posted By: johnachak
Originally Posted By: Trav

In over two and a half years and more cars than i can count ( i have used more than 10 gallons since i started using it) not one lube related engine problem.

Not for nothing but, in over 35 years, without it, I've had no oil related engine failures either.

He services and works on cars for customers of his.

I also fix others cars as a favor since I already have a truck over me most of the time.

Kreen is getting a blanket recommendation from me for any car with high miles. many times the improvement is right now and before your eyes magical.

And it does no harm. That's the key here. Near magical results with no harm.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
I also fix others cars as a favor since I already have a truck over me most of the time.

Kreen is getting a blanket recommendation from me for any car with high miles. many times the improvement is right now and before your eyes magical.

And it does no harm. That's the key here. Near magical results with no harm.

But Steve you're a nameless faceless person, I say B_S, I need data. LOLOLOLOL Nice report, and a "blanket recommendation" from a well respected member, I'd try it. Oh wait I already did, it works, and that's another recommendation from a nameless faceless person on the Internet!

Yes, it is a thrill to hear so many make light of it. I've never seen or heard of it in over 40 years of driving and fleet ownership!

It's not well known. Fine by me. But you have to try it and see for yourself.

Quote:
Kreen does no harm. That's the key here. Near magical results with no harm.
Well....I put a pint into the crankcase of a V6 VW with 50,000 miles that burns a lot of oil. It thinned the 5W-40 enough to set off the low oil pressure buzzer and the "stop right now" alarm message. Actually, no engine harm has shown up, and no benefit, either. Some of these VWs do burn way too much oil, and the Kreen did no apparent help.

Originally Posted By: Ken2
Quote:
Well....I put a pint into the crankcase of a V6 VW with 50,000 miles that burns a lot of oil. It thinned the 5W-40 enough to set off the low oil pressure buzzer and the "stop right now" alarm message. Actually, no engine harm has shown up, and no benefit, either. Some of these VWs do burn way too much oil, and the Kreen did no apparent help.

Maybe it loosened up enough crud to temporarily block the pick up screen in the pan.

I've considered both possibilities, sensitive oil pressure sensor and crud on the oil pick up, but my main point is that there was no apparent benefit from the Kreen treatment. I don't know what causes the high rate of oil consumption in this engine, but it isn't worth more money to me than to keep good oil in the engine. I'm not going to tear the engine down to save a few quarts of oil.

Originally Posted By: Ken2
Quote:

Notice the kreen pushers are not flooding this thread http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2739283#Post2739283

Near magical results w/o harm? Suuuuuure.

Last edited:
I don't doubt Kreen works, lots of products do.

But for the cost/hassle of getting it, I'll pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back