Angle Grinder Grease Question and Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
While trying to find out what grease to repack my grinders with, I came across the suggestion of using 2-3 drops of gear oil along with grease to repack the gears case in my grinders.

http://toolmonger.com/2010/01/19/reader-question-how-to-lubricate-an-angle-grinder/

read Richard Walker's comment

Here's my question, what grease is best for the gearbox and what do you think of adding 2-3 drops of gear oil?

Thank you all for ALL the great information I've learned on this best possible site for any and all lubrication maters (well, I've never seen anything about personal lube {Surgilube, BTW}.

I sometimes feel like Jack Nicholson in Little Shop of Horrors when I recommend this site to anyone who has a lubrication questions, "thank you doctor, I'll recommmend you to all my friends"

Thanks Again,
Stew

I use my grinders a lot in my welding business. I pack mine with M1 grease, and leave it at that.

I assume they were encouraging thinning out a grease to make it more suitable? Depending on how much grease to oil ratio you use it may thin a #2 grease to a 1? It may just be better to get a thinner grease to begin with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back