Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whew. What a day. I've started trading SP Emini futures. It is the perfect trading vehicle, especially on days like today when market making announcements occur.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Whew. What a day. I've started trading SP Emini futures. It is the perfect trading vehicle, especially on days like today when market making announcements occur.

No kidding!!

I looked through my stocks, but none I wanted to sell.

PSX is up 32% since bought, 4% today alone!

Hey - I signed up with a dividend investment research place that assists people by identifying & rating stocks & when to buy. If you want to know who, or ideas, PM me. I can e-mail you their free sample as well.
smile.gif

If the jobs report is better then expected tomorrow and sidelines money starts getting in to chase the rally (and there tons of it - people expecting another huge sell off like the last 3 years), this sucker is going up up and away. Then we get to the September FOMC meeting where the Fed might not officially announce QE3; how can they given re-inflation of commodities and equity markets. Then it sells off! QE is to the stock market what crack is to a drug addict.

I think I am going to move my TSP funds from the L2040 to the G fund tomorrow. I would leave it but, I separated from federal service back in January, and it looks like I will need to make a withdrawal to pay property taxes this year.

I probably should have gone to work for someone else instead of starting a business in this economy. The business is barely staying afloat, but I figure if we can survive through this we will be good to go when things pick up.

Bought SLV this morning for the medium to longer term. Was a stupid entry point perhaps, but I don't want to miss the train in metals this time. It blew past the 23% retracement point from the 2011 highs; the next good buy point will likely be 34.50 if there are no significant pullbacks before that.

Maybe I'm a fool, but I sold most om my gold/silver miners on the strength in the last couple of days and hedged the remainder with short positions. Too much euphoria IMHO, based just on empty words from a central banker.

Plan to reenter when emotions cool down.

hi I am new to investing. how much money do you need to invest? I am looking to hold for 4-5 years . any good stock that are between 10-$100 ?

Originally Posted By: moto94536
hi I am new to investing. how much money do you need to invest? I am looking to hold for 4-5 years . any good stock that are between 10-$100 ?

Well............

The markets are inflated now and could either breakout to the upside or downside.

Holding only 4-5 years and you'll want the money? Your choice, but may want to look at short-term bonds like FNMIX and PONDX for a while and then look at some defensive stocks if interest rates start to go up.

Disclaimer: All IMHO. I am not a financial planner, or broker. Consult a professional for financial advice as needed. Past performance in not indicative of future results. People can and do lose money. Tread with caution.

Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek
Maybe I'm a fool, but I sold most om my gold/silver miners on the strength in the last couple of days and hedged the remainder with short positions. Too much euphoria IMHO, based just on empty words from a central banker.

Plan to reenter when emotions cool down.

May be a good place to take profits. The charts do not say this to me however....in fact they don't say much other than it looks like we formed a choppy bottom and now we are up on decent volume. Next week might be key.

With gold we need to look who is accumulating I used to think. I've read some big boys are buying.....well that's the rumor at least!
grin2.gif
(insert pitcher's disclaimer) I'm not selling here, it's not like we are at the highs.

yea tpitcher, I did try to buy and sell like 10 years ago. They were cheap stock, like TDFX,MFNX, so on. I didn't make money.

Now I am older and have more experience about money..

To tell you the truth, I want to have alot of money in 5-10 years. So thats why I am thinking about investing. I do have my own business too.

I'm gonna get into GDXJ for a medium to longer term play this week on the next pull back, but it might not pullback that much, if at all. Metals are racing off the bottom they've been at for months. Even if the Fed doesn't explicitly say this week they're going to do large scale permanent asset purchases (most likely because of the election), they've made it crystal clear they will in the future if bad economic data comes out, like Friday's jobs report. Metals, the dollar, equities, and treasuries are all reacting like they did after the 2010 Jackson Hole speech as institutional money is reallocating to risk. It has been for months now in equity cyclicals, but now the dollar broke trendline support, and long term treasuries are heading that way. Metals have broken major resistance. Of course, if the Fed comes out and says they're not going to do anything, it all reverses, but that's apparently not what the market is expecting. Heck, European stock markets are starting to rally like crazy! China's stock market broke out from major long term resistance.

Last edited:
Keep an eye on VRNG. Sept. 11 Conf. Call is te next key date. Read up & stay informed.

Lots of gyrations coming up, so keep your finger near the trigger...

I'm buying Europe on the next pull back. European stock markets have been hammered and they all made trend reversals on Thursday. If they hold support at that reversal point, I'm in. EWP, EWI. Germany votes Wed on the ECB bailout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back