2013 Acura RDX

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.autoblog.com/2012/07/19/2013-acura-rdx-review/

Early reviews have been extremely positive so far. It appears that Acura has improved everything needed to make this a strong volume seller to its intended audience. This car definitely screams value for its segment, since it tops out at 40k - far less than the Q5, X3, SRX or FX35 that it competes against.

I think there is a strong possibility that this may be my next car.

Thoughts?

I really like the Acura treatment to decent Honda vehicles. This one is underpinned by the CRV with everything improved including motor.

For me an MDX owner the drop of SH-AWD is disappointing as that really does enhance the handling of my heavy SUV. SH-AWD can kick power to either rear wheel and with small over rotation to help with cornering. My guess few RDX owners cared.

CR-V very popular in the UK. Though mostly the 2.2 diesel. Not sure you get that model in the US.

I do like the look.of that Acura.

But still feel.attached to my Pathfinder. Nice and square.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
For 40 K I'll take a basic RX 450 H hybrid.

You can get a new 450h for 40k? Even for the FWD that would be a significant discount.

I've read that the V6 application is a huge improvement over the Turbo 4. Also, that while premium fuel is recommended, the RDX' compression ratio suggests that it will run quite nicely on regular fuel. That would be a big plus, at least for me.

They fail at getting their info right. They mentioned that the previous gen had a 2.4L turbo engine when in reality it has a 2.3L engine.

Otherwise, nice car and decent review.

Somebody mentioned presence of dreaded VCM in this vehicle. If that is true, I suspect you will NOT like the driving dynamics of this vehicle.

Acura is checking all the right boxes for me lately, including this new RDX. It's "based" on the CR-V, but it's really more than a CR-V with nice leather; the V-6 engine does make a huge difference in the new one. I'd love to hear your feedback on the new RDX if you do drive one.

The new RDX is very nice. My wife and I first noticed the new generation at an auto show before the vehicle hit dealerships. We didn't like the previous generations design or the turbo 4 cylinder....there was definite acceleration lag.

We are expecting our first child later this year and were strongly looking at a Pilot. After seeing the new RDX and test driving one, we began leaning towards the RDX (despite my reservations against purchasing the first year of new designs). I've been keeping an eye on the RDX pricing and it's been selling with little discount - it's hot right now. This has led me to look at lightly used MDX's. A year old base CPO MDX with 15-20k miles is about the same price as a new RDX. I'm looking at a couple that were dealer loaners but I'm not sure what to think of that type of vehicle.

Understanding the differences of the choices, in your opinions, which of the Pilot, RDX and the lightly-used CPO MDX would you choose?

I was very close to buying a CR-V, but instead got the Fit after I test drove it. The thing is massive inside.

Do yourself a favor, test drive the CR-V and the RDX. A few times each.

You may find yourself favoring the much cheaper vehicle.

Also, I enjoy cheaper vehicles as I don't have to worry about them.

I had a door ding withing 2 hours of owning my Fit. But didn't bother me at all, and I love that little car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back