Bosch anti drain back valves work awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a new air rifle/pellet hand gun today

Shot at an old Bosch 3422 and a Napa Pro Select (Whatever number is on my friends van)

This isnt really a scientific test, but both have been upside down in the oil pan for about 3-4 weeks, moving them every week to see if theyre drained yet.
They appeared fine, so I started shooting at them (I dont drink soda so I had no soda cans to shoot at)

Well, The Napa barely dented (Shorter filter, more sturdy)
the Bosch did dent, alot, though I was aiming more at it.

Walk up to the filters and the brick they were sitting on was covered in oil, picked up the bosch and probably a little less than half a qt poured out.

So yeah, not very scientific, but it totally holds the oil!
thumbsup2.gif

Edit: PS. Oh and out of the 30 dings in the bosch can, none went through the can!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Rand
technically thats not a firearm.

True ... but I would have used at least a .22LR.

LOL its a little Crossman whatever hand gun bought it at a pawn shop NEW plus a pack of 30 co2 cartridges for 23$,
the test subject was a Bosch oil filter

You dont see many .22LRs on the road aiming toward your oil filter do ya, or BB guns do ya? lol

It may not be a real fire arm, but It has enough force to lodge into skin, causing gangrene, LOL

Remember, youll put your eye out with one of those things!

Originally Posted By: GumbyJarvis

You dont see many .22LRs on the road aiming toward your oil filter do ya, or BB guns do ya? lol

A good rock hit on the road might be as damaging, and result in a nice can puncture and oil lose if the filter location is vulnerable to rock/road debris hits.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: GumbyJarvis

A good rock hit on the road might be as damaging, and result in a nice can puncture and oil lose if the filter location is vulnerable to rock/road debris hits.

I see a filter test coming on, hmmm

"How sturdy is your oil can? we test these filters with guns ranging from .177 BB Pellet up to M68!"

I'll see if my friend with a Mosin-Nagant would participate, if I buy him ammo, and if my shoulder holds up for 10-15 rounds through that thing. Can't imagine how those Russians did it. "Which filter has the smallest exit hole?"

Originally Posted By: sciphi
I'll see if my friend with a Mosin-Nagant would participate, if I buy him ammo, and if my shoulder holds up for 10-15 rounds through that thing. Can't imagine how those Russians did it. "Which filter has the smallest exit hole?"

That mosin will shot through 10 filters and keep on going!!
15 rounds is about all i want to shoot at the range. I've thought about a recoil pad for mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back