Bardahl engine flush?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone use this product? My buddy put it in his car this past weekend. Yes, it's a 5 min. flush product, but smelled much less potent/dangerous than Gunk's. Is says to run in a hot engine rather than Gunk's cold recommendation. In either case, his observations were that it seemed like the varnish/sludge visible in the oil filler area now seemed to wipe off with a finger stroke for the first time. Possible?

Secondly, anyone know if it is safe to use these flushes at every oil change? Would the engine be spotless after say, a dozen flushes and OCI's?

I thought the big danger with flushes would be that they'd work too well and knock some crap loose. I'd think that an every change flush would be overdoing it, although I'm not sure what the danger would be.

Bardahl is quite a rare product in order you would expect enough comments to make your conclusion. I have tried over 8-9 different means in BMW 525i E28 M30: 5, 10 and 15 min. flushes, flush oils and 150-200 km additives, without a desired effect though some of them were quite expensive ($ 11-12). I cannot say they did not work at all, but the results were hardly noticable. I found that two successive drains with diesel oil had brought far better results. The first interval with 76 Guardol QLT was for about 500 km, then 2000 km with 76 Royal Triton QLT. Why 76 ? Because at that time it was the only available diesel oil with both, diesel and gas specification: CH-4/SJ. I liked Royal Triton so much, that the next oil change I also put it into the car, but this time for 7000 km. Once I also used it as 50 km flush oil in Honda Prelude 2.2 VTEC. To my regret the sulfated ash content of CI-4 reformulated stuff became 1.65 %.

It's hardly possible to call Babelfish translation of Russian tests perfect, far from it, but it's probably enough to catch their general idea:

http://www2.zr.ru/zrmagazine/zr0699/118-119.htm

In the second test, please read "kinematic viscosity" instead of "let us throw viscosity":

http://www2.zr.ru/zrmagazine/zr1098/62-63.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back