LOW Rider - Silly VW, Honda wheels are for Hondas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHZR2

Staff member
Walked by this gem this AM. It was moved by 1pm to another spot so it does get used.

44F30F75-59E3-4EC0-B9F4-FE06FB2345FA-3538-0000047FD52A7D96.jpg

68992664-CC55-404C-BCEF-07365E1D3983-3538-0000047FDD00BF15.jpg

Blech. What a way to ruin a perfectly good Golf. At least stance it correctly if you're going to do it! This guy is giving the stance scene a bad name.

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
Its on bags. Sad excuse of what NOT to do to a vehicle...

Apparently one has a leak. I'd be embarrassed to let my car come down wheel to metal like that and damage it.

These days, if you do not stretch a tire that is too small onto a "rim" that is too wide and then stuff it under a fenderwell by screwing up the camber, the other VW-ers will make fun of you.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
Its on bags. Sad excuse of what NOT to do to a vehicle...

Apparently one has a leak. I'd be embarrassed to let my car come down wheel to metal like that and damage it.

Most guys on bags park them empty for the "effect".
06.gif

I didn't get a chance to take a pic but I saw a VW at a redlight in lebanon,pa with a front euro plate that reads "broke4vw" I think that sums up the vw scene accurately.

I don't know how it is where you guys live but around where I live the VW scene is public enemy #1. Most other car enthusiast group (chevy,ford,honda,subaru,mitsu etc...) hates them,they think their poop doesn't stink. Usually they will have a golf or jetta and run redlights and rev the engine at people and other [censored] antics. Anyone have similar experience with the "V-Dubers" in your area?

Not here. They mostly just pump out black smoke, fail to signal, and block up traffic with their excessive display of slowness routines.

Originally Posted By: S_Walmer
I don't know how it is where you guys live but around where I live the VW scene is public enemy #1. Most other car enthusiast group (chevy,ford,honda,subaru,mitsu etc...) hates them,they think their poop doesn't stink. Usually they will have a golf or jetta and run redlights and rev the engine at people and other [censored] antics. Anyone have similar experience with the "V-Dubers" in your area?

Absolutely.

"Spaetzle" is the new "Rice".

They are as guilty as any body-kitted/virtually wide open exhaust/huge winged/badly fitted tire/messed up camber Civic driver.

They have "re-pimped" ze auto.

No that is generally the Honda crowd.

Usually I don't have to much problems with them, at times some of my friends have. One day a few weeks ago there was this [censored] in an older golf GTI VR6 (early 2000's) that tried the slowness routine with me (really cocky)while driving my Volvo C30 in a passing lane he tried to race me. Guess he didn't know what an Autotech remapped T5 with 280hp was like until I passed him. He had the deer in the headlight look. There are some cool dubers I have met but alot of jerks around where I live.

Last week I saw a nice Lexus GS300 with excessive negative camber, more than 20 degree, for both front and rear. It looks so weird, and drive very weird too, but the owner seems to love it.

The VW (and to a lesser extent Audi) crowd is obsessed with this "stance" garbage. They love to 'stretch' the tires onto ridiculous wheels and slam it with even worse camber. I don't understand why this is a thing. It looks like you are too poor to afford proper wheel/tire fitments, and that you cut your springs.

In fact, there was a guy who did that to a beautiful RS4 recently:

206260_139646239438652_103978146338795_241795_2013364_n.jpg

Yes, I have them try and run me in the M5 all the time. Typically little NA Jetta's or Golf's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back