whats a good pair of boots

Status
Not open for further replies.
i need to get a pair of work boots for shop at auto tech. i wear cowboy boots all the time so something thats slip on would be good/ whats some recommendations? thanks guy.

Might want to search, this gets asked every year or so.

I have had very good luck with the US made Chippewa.

I am 6'3" 250lbs and I've never been disappointed with the length they have lasted.

I liked the Timberland Pro Helix the soles are terrific for walking on concreted and up and down metal stairs all day. Can really tell about longevity because boots don't last more than 3-4 months where I work no matter the brand Ariat, Wolverine, Red Wing, etc..

if not able to find a slip on, the kind with the side zippers are wonderful.
i Personally wear Bates,(tactical style boot made by wolverine) with the 8" side zipper on a daily basis. These Ones.
work great for my job(retail cashier, no sitting, Just standing & walking on a Tile floor 8Hrs day), and if i have an activity with any amount of distance walking involved(like when i went to DC a couple years back and walked from union station, down to the mall, all the way to the Lincoln Memorial, and back, with some side treks up Pennsylvania ave, etc. Pretty much walking6-8mi, and standing on pavement from 8a-6p, and my dogs weren't barking.), i make sure i have them vs, tennies. breathable, comfortable(even for this 5'9 300# guy...)

I always wore Red Wings when I was roofing. It was a great product then. I understand they went Chinese on their lower end product so they could compete with WM et al. So, find their American made stuff. They also came in slip-ons.

Yep, some of Red Wings if not most are made in China.
At my old job we had to wear steel toe footwear and had a $120 yearly allowance to purchase them.

I buy the redwing 2405 pecos supersoles for just under 150 with tax at the local work supply store. They are the factory 2nds and slip-on's.

When I was having to deal with different customers and many different locations I would wear the 2406 model.

Although they are not slip on I have had great luck with the packer style boot from Double H and Justin. I wore them working in a warehouse and also in an automotive shop. I would give the edge to the justins because they have lasted longer. I had a pair of wolverines and they wore out in about 2 months.I had the double h for 2 years, the first justins for 6 (replaced the soles at 4 years) and my current justins are on year 2. I always get the USA made boots.

I buy what I think is the best and toughest USA Red Wing built boot 3507 you get what you pay for and you wont find a good boot for a 120 dollars.

have to realize different part of the country things cost different. 120 here can buy an avg pair of american made abilines or double h. i live in a pretty cheap part of the country really.

Originally Posted By: dwcopple
Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Unfortunately, $120, these days, gets you a shoe.
+1

I agree. That $120 was about 15 years ago.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Originally Posted By: dwcopple
Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Unfortunately, $120, these days, gets you a shoe.
+1

I agree. That $120 was about 15 years ago.

They were allowing us $120 a year ago. And as low as $85 in the last 5 years.

Originally Posted By: dave123
I buy what I think is the best and toughest USA Red Wing built boot 3507 you get what you pay for and you wont find a good boot for a 120 dollars.

I got my last pair of justins for 100. That was 2 years ago so I figure they would be in the 120 range now. They are the 440 work boots just have to shop around on price. eBay can be your best friend at times.

Last edited:
well the piece of leather on the back of the heel on the right boot has a big ripple in it and rubs my heal raw. these fit so great but honestly seem like theyre are cheaply made. i am hoping the boot store will return them...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back