looking for a true 4 season tire for Nissan Versa

Status
Not open for further replies.
The continentals that came stock on my wifes 09 versa are almost down to 4/32 and it's time for new tires. I am looking to buy in the next month. Any suggestions for a 185-65-15 tire?

Cooper CS4's T rated 80k warranty around $100/tire. Very good snow traction, smooth, quiet, wears well etc. Many on here like them alot also. Plus theres a $50 rebate on them right now.

+1 on Nokian WR G2

Honestly the BEST all-season tire I have owned and I have had top tier/rated Michelin's and Bridgestone.

It kills all-seasons in the winter stuff and honestly on par with those budget Firestone WinterForces in many aspects. With regard to winter traction. People tout the Continental ExtremeContact DWS as great in snow. I purchased those as next set of tires and my wife/I noticed the Nokian WR G2 with 45k+ miles were superior in winter conditions over brand new Conti DWS. Guess which tire we are buying to replace our Conti's?

It is the best slush tire(common here) I have ever had and better than true winter tires I have experienced. Pretty quiet tire and incredible in the rain.

Cons:

Limited distribution makes pricing high sometimes. I am lucky and locally can find them cheaper installed than internet pricing.

You need to rotate them at regular intervals or potentially get a loud tire.

I am sure that there are other all season tires that also do well in foul weather but there are three a/s tires that come to mind that do well in snow/ice and are all highly rated on several web sites. Not sure which ones if any, come in the OP's 185-65-15. All are smooth/quiet tires with at least 80K Mile Warrantys:

Hankook Optimo H727
Pirelli P4
Cooper CS4

I vote for the Cooper CS4. You can choose from the T rated 80,000 mile warranty, or the H rated 60,000 warranty. The H rated ones have a extra center tread. You will probably get a smoother ride from the H rated ones, because of the softer rubber compound. $88 and $89 + free shipping from discounttiredirectdotcom.

T rated

coppt3.ang.jpg

H rated

cophh3.ang.jpg

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
If Nokian WR G2 is made in your size, that'll probably be the closest to a true 4-season tire out there.

It's available... and yes, because it has the Mountain Snowflake logo on it, plus a UTQG wear rating.

Vredestein Quatrac 3 & Lite (availalbe in the 185/65r15) size also falls into this category

Hankook Optimo 4S falls into this category as well, but not avaiable in the US. The Canadians get it.

You cannot seriously count optimo 727 as a true all season. Read the reviews on tirerack after people have put miles on them.

Originally Posted By: bourne
You cannot seriously count optimo 727 as a true all season. Read the reviews on tirerack after people have put miles on them.

Sure you can call the H727 an A/S tire! Still many GREAT Reviews out there including mine(21,000 miles and doing well). But, they're not for everyone!

Many tires will change the minds of owners after many miles, I even expect that! But, they're doing very well. We'll see of course, as miles roll on. We'll see if we're going to get'em again. Depends on the price, and vehicle(if we still have it).

All tires will preform differently on all vehicles. Ya never know til you put'em on!

Originally Posted By: Finklejag
I vote for the Cooper CS4. You can choose from the T rated 80,000 mile warranty, or the H rated 60,000 warranty. The H rated ones have a extra center tread. You will probably get a smoother ride from the H rated ones, because of the softer rubber compound. $88 and $89 + free shipping from discounttiredirectdotcom.

T rated

coppt3.ang.jpg

H rated

cophh3.ang.jpg

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back