Auto-RX in my Jeep Tranny...Just Added.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just added Auto-Rx into my '96 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the 5.2L V8 (97,000 miles) and the 44RE (junk!) tranny and took a good 45 minute drive to make sure it gets a good mixing. I will try to keep and update on the results I'm getting. I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed in hoping that it's going to make this tranny shift better. What I'm hoping that Auto-Rx will hopefully "fix" or reduce is:

1) When it's cold, it shifts very slow and sloppy. Especially from 2nd to 3rd gear no matter what the speed is.

2) When accelerating with 3/4 or more throttle and when shifting from 2nd to 3rd gear, the tranny will slip a little and engine RPM's will climb an extra 500 rpm's before it shifts.

Now I'm not going to expect Auto-Rx to completely fix these problems, I'm just hoping that it will reduce the problems I'm experiencing. I will keep you guys updated.

my moms auto tranny started to slip , when going from 2nd to 3rd....

i dropped the pan, changed the filter, and filled it up with lucas tranny additive ,and tranny oil..
and with in 3 minutes of driving, the slip went away.... its been almost 20,000 kms, and it has not came back......

give the tranny oil a try, its much cheaper then a tranny rebuild
smile.gif

Well, the more and more I drive the better it's shifting. Tonight I punched it about 3/4 throttle and that infamous 2nd to 3rd gear slip is slowly diminishing. It definitely grabbed 3rd gear where before It would rev up an extra 700 or so RPM before it would shift. I'm going to give it another 200 miles before I even attempt to do a WOT run. Just around town the shift are definitely more crisper. After having it in for just 100 miles the tranny is starting to feel tighter. I can't wait till 1500 miles rolls around. All new fluid from a tranny flush along with a new governor pressure solenoid along with the pressure sensor just for preventive maintenance. I'll keep you guys updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back