Stabilizer Bar Links

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need new fronts for my 99 Avalon. Usually go with OEM but aftermarket may be ok in this application. Deeza and Moog seem to be popular choices. Moog costs 2X Deeza but has lifetine vs 2 yr warranty. What do you folks think? Thanks.

I used Moog links on the Marauder bar I put on the back of the Mercury in my sig. It came with poly bushings, all hardware was first rate. Very good parts- I am a bargain hunter though, so I can't say I always use their stuff. I just bought new upper control arms and ball joints for the 150- got Dorman parts cause they were WAY cheap ($26 each). If its something you put tons of miles on I would go the extra. The F150 will be lucky to get driven 5K a year, so I don't feel bad cutting some corners.

I put Moog links on the Sexy Chevy Astro. Had the front stabilizer bar break last spring, the included links were el cheapo.... I think it is money well spent to spring for Moog.
49.gif

Originally Posted By: DutchBrad
I put Moog links on the Sexy Chevy Astro. Had the front stabilizer bar break last spring, the included links were el cheapo.... I think it is money well spent to spring for Moog.
49.gif

I agree with Brad on going with the Moog - not so much on the sexy Astro.

If you want to go aftermarket, you can get Beck Arnley end links for $27 shipped each on Amazon. That's the best price I could find on them. They retail for $49 each at Advance Auto before discount codes.

http://www.amazon.com/Beck-Arnley-101-50..._pr_product_top

Recently I went with Moog links for my Nissan. BA and Moog were the only readily available links that used the OE design. Most of the other brands used a cheaper design. I went with Moog because they were way cheaper for my truck than the BA links. But in your app, the BA links are cheaper than the Moog.

I bet if you email B/A with the specific part numbers they'll tell you the COO, if you care about that. I haven't done that with BA, but I have with several other companies.

Originally Posted By: stephen9666
If you want to go aftermarket, you can get Beck Arnley end links for $27 shipped each on Amazon. That's the best price I could find on them. They retail for $49 each at Advance Auto before discount codes.

Recently I went with Moog links for my Nissan. BA and Moog were the only readily available links that used the OE design. Most of the other brands used a cheaper design. I went with Moog because they were way cheaper for my truck than the BA links. But in your app, the BA links are cheaper than the Moog.

I bet if you email B/A with the specific part numbers they'll tell you the COO, if you care about that. I haven't done that with BA, but I have with several other companies.

Sorry for being dense, but what does "COO" stand for?

Country Of Origin?

If it matters to you, the Moog link will be different than those of the people who were relating their experiences to you. Theirs were just the simple bolt and bushing type, yours will have a ball end. The Moog parts will have an open cup to cover the ball end which will get messy when greasing it - and you'll have to grease it often to keep it alive.

Originally Posted By: The_Eric
Country Of Origin?

If it matters to you, the Moog link will be different than those of the people who were relating their experiences to you. Theirs were just the simple bolt and bushing type, yours will have a ball end. The Moog parts will have an open cup to cover the ball end which will get messy when greasing it - and you'll have to grease it often to keep it alive.

Yep, I thought of that while I was walking my dog and hoped I could post before you all realized how dumb I am! I went with the Deeza cheap models without grease fittings. Not interested in another maintenance item. I did buy Moog bushings though.

Last edited:
If you are replacing the part that I think you are, make sure that the replacement aftermarket part doesn't use that [censored] OEM Allen key design on the nut. The Deeza and Moog ones use two wrenches instead and are worth getting for that alone.

BTW,do yourself a favor and cut the old bolts off with hacksaw.
Why screw around trying to loosen old rusty stuff? 30 seconds my way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back