Dunlop Signature CS vs. Firestone Destination LE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, hope everyone is doing well! I'm looking to get a new set of tires for my RX before winter comes. The current tires (goodyear wrangler hp - 225/70/16) I picked up used last year, for $238 installed and they are starting to show signs of dry rot and they hydroplane way too easily, very dangerous.

When I first bought my RX (long time ago) it had the Destination LE's on it, I believe I got 50k miles out of them. I can pick up a set of these at Firestone for $544 without "shop fee's" and sales tax.

I was looking at prices on Sears, and came across the Dunlop Signature CS tires. On the website it shows that they are ONLY $101.97, discounted from $145.97. Needless to say that's awesome! I immediately looked at the ratings on TireRack and as far as I can tell they are worth the money. It says out the door it will be $481 without sales tax. THEN, I can fill out the Goodyear Rebate and get another $40 off. But, thing is, I believe the discount is online only, and I don't see a way to purchase it online from Sears and then go to the store and have them installed. I can print out the quote online but I don't know if my Sears will acknowledge that price.

So, I guess my question here is which tire is the better buy. And, will Sears acknowledge the price quote that I can print from online.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
[censored] it, look's like I won't be getting the dunlop. They are sold out everywhere near me. I guess they are selling quickly, since they are heavily discounted and being discontinued.

wait until aug 31, dtd has a 100$ rebate then+ free shipping

note all prices are 4 tires shipped.(without tax if applicable)
also doesnt include the 100$ rebate starting soon.

dtd has cooper for cs4 for 440$

yokohama yk580 for 480$

cooper discoverer AT3 for 500$ (all terrain truck tire)

and about 10 other choices.

the 100$ Mail in rebate should easily cover mount/balance/valvestems

heck they even have the ever bitog popular
Michelin LTX M/S 2's for 676$

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Rand
wait until aug 31, dtd has a 100$ rebate then+ free shipping

note all prices are 4 tires shipped.(without tax if applicable)
also doesnt include the 100$ rebate starting soon.

dtd has cooper for cs4 for 440$

yokohama yk580 for 480$

cooper discoverer AT3 for 500$ (all terrain truck tire)

and about 10 other choices.

the 100$ Mail in rebate should easily cover mount/balance/valvestems

heck they even have the ever bitog popular
Michelin LTX M/S 2's for 676$

Ok, I'll wait for that $100 rebate. Thanks!

Originally Posted By: hardcore302
i liked the dunlops over the firestones.

Ok, thanks! Yeah, the ratings are better for the Dunlops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back