I no longer reccomend QS filters for over 5k miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Maximum Burst Pressure: 20"

Maybe it's in some other units besides PSI.
shocked.gif

Honestly, if you are going beyond 5K, you may want to get a better filter than the cheapest...

That being said, Just get a normal filter like a regular purolator, or a Pure One, or even a Napa(wix) if you want to go beyond 5k, even the OCOD is fine for 5k intervals...

That being said the reason i do not use the OCOD for my 5k is that...purolator filters cost less at walmart. And motorcraft filters cost a little more and the one for my car has a silicone anti drainback valve.

Would i use quaker state filters, yes i would...if i could get my hands on them in new jersey.

75% is pretty poor, however, another filter shows what I think it 99..um..%?

Anti-Drainback Valve: Yes
Case Diameter: 2.98 in
Efficiency: 99 mc
Filter Bypass Relief Valve: Yes
Gasket Inside Diameter: 2.398 in
Gasket Outside Diameter: 2.752 in
Gasket Thickness: 0.250 in
Height: 4.74 in
Housing Color: Metallic
Maximum Burst Pressure: 300 PSI
Media Type: Synthetic
Micron Rating: 25 mc
Oil Filter Type: Spin-On
Recommended Change Interval: Vehicle's Manufacturer
Relief Valve Opening Pressure: 12-15 PSI
Smallest Particle Filtered: 5
Spin On: Yes
Thread Size: 3/4-16 UNF-2B

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/...+oil#fragment-2

Yep, 75@20um is pretty poor. The 99mc (?) doesn't make sense, and below says 25mc. That said, I have my doubts about the authoritativeness of the some of the filter specs on the Advance site, and efficiency is one of them. They had a micron level on another well respected filter here that I question.

Doesn't change that the DW does appears to be a well made filter. And fwiw, I still like AAP.

I think if a person waits for deals on Wix filters (Napa Gold) or Pure One filters, they shouldn't have a problem even worrying about Nitride ADBVs.

I bought a ton of Puro classics but I'm going to sell them to my father-in-law for what I bought them for... he likes to use standard filters anyways.

I mean heck, Napaonline.com has Golds for $3.95 + tax... just a dollar more than the Puro Classic at Walmart.

And then sometimes you can get in on the 2 for $10 at AAP with a discount code and get them for around the same price. It's kind of silly when I think about it.

Originally Posted By: sayjac
Originally Posted By: em27blacktop
How do we get the efficiency ratings? Somebody has to be able to get some info from Driveworks..
Is there some way to test one or send it somewhere to be tested?

A member, ZeeOSix checked into having filter efficiency tested and it's not cheap. I think it's something like ~$1500 a filter, at some SouthWest Technical or something like that. Perhaps he'll chime here at some point or you can pm him. IIRC though, it's fairly close to the figure I quoted.

It was more like $15,000 to get a filter tested per the ISO standard. I looked through my old emails to get the name of the lab, but couldn't find it. I did post the info in a couple of threads here ... maybe a year or so ago (?).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back