Marvel Mystery Oil vs. Auto RX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering whats the difference between both of these products. I know Marvel Mystery is also a cleaner and cleans sludge and varnish from inside the motor and protects against many things. What do you all think about this

I have used both and auto-rx is in a whole nother category. I used the marvel to quiet noisey valves and it has always worked. I used auto-rx to slow oil consumption on my 250,000 mile toyota and it has cut the consumption by 400% so far and I am just starting the second treatment. It has also given the engine lots more power. I plan to use it from now on in all my cars. Auto-rx is the greatest stuff I have ever added to an engine. Try it you will like it!!!
grin.gif

Auto-Rx is not an oil additive-solvent or combination there of, it is a ecological safe natural metal cleaner that no matter how much or how little you use can do no harm to your engine-passengers-driver or enviorment.

quote:

Originally posted by Frank:
Auto-Rx is not an oil additive-solvent or combination there of, it is a ecological safe natural metal cleaner that no matter how much or how little you use can do no harm to your engine-passengers-driver or enviorment.

Frank, I'm a skeptic but am going to give your product a try on my:

Power steering (it's real yucky).

Manual tranmission (replaced by dealer under warranty by PO, looks good but I just got the car used and don't know if it has the right lube so am going to clean-it out).

Differential, 40,000 miles and 8 years on what I assume is factory fill because Chevy sez it lasts forever.

The thing that made up my mind was reading your patent: US Patent # 6,544,349

The patent is a very interesting read and explains your product better than anything I found on your web page. You should post it on your web page. It helps differentiate you from the Snake Oil peddlers.

[ February 17, 2004, 03:02 PM: Message edited by: XS650 ]

Some synthetic oils or oil additives some do use synthetic esters. Auto-Rx uses natural esters and does not swell seals it makes them very pliable so we can clean front and back of seal and we use the petrolchemistry of non synthetic oil to restore seal integrity. Auto-Rx is all natural.

The following two paragraphs are from the Franks patent #6,544,349 for AutoRX. It doesn't sound natural to me. I have always thought that "natural" meant as it occurs in nature.

"Preparation of a presently preferred synthetic fatty acid ester for use in the method of the present invention is carried out by combining in a suitable reaction vessel about 75 to 80 parts by volume of lanolin fatty acid, about 20 to 25 parts by volume of 2-ethylhexanol, and about 0.2 to 1.0 parts by volume of methanesulfonic acid (or other acid catalyst such as phosphoric acid). The reaction mixture should be blanketed with a slight atmosphere of nitrogen and heated to a temperature of between about 250.degree. F. and 350.degree. F., preferably about 300.degree. F. and 350.degree. F. to allow the esterification reaction to proceed. Water, which is generated in the reaction, is removed using a conventional condenser apparatus as is known in the art. The reaction is carried out for between about 1 to 3 hours or more, until the reaction is completed as determined by monitoring the acid value (AV) of the reaction mixture until a minimum value less than about 12, and preferably less than 10, is achieved. The theoretical yield of the reaction is about 94%.

Thereafter, the reaction mixture is cooled to about 125.degree. F. and the synthetic ester of lanolin fatty acid is optionally blended with (i) an effective concentration of a chlorine-fiee extreme pressure additive composition (generally, about 2%-4% or more by volume), and/or (ii) an effective concentration of a lubricity additive composition (generally, about 2%-4% or more by volume)."

I've been using and recommending AutoRX for about two years now ....

It's the most remarkable product of it's kind, in fact it's the ONLY product of it's kind and works as advertised. I've actually seen the stuff stop a fairly serious, oil pan gasket leak in 500 miles of use, which I did not believe was possible. The other nice thing is that you will get better fuel efficiency while the cleaning process is going on, along with reduced oil consumption, quieter valve lifters, etc.

I only wish I had invented it ...
frown.gif

I'm not questioning its efficacy, I just get tired of statements that lead one to believe the opposite of the truth. Its like saying PAO's are magically made some where in a lab, when the truth is they are highly processed hydrocarbons. The number of home based synthetic oil salesmen that claim their product doesn't come out of the ground and by useing their product you are saving the earth erks me no end. I've had them tell me its made out of old cooking oil recovered from fast food places and useing their synoil will save the planet.

The natural part of the lanolin esters, as part of ARX, is that it is a naturally occuring fatty alcohol, esterified. The other ingredients used are to boost lubricity and to counteract the addition to the host oil, so that viscocities and indexes are not compromized. As well as providing a system whereby the other adds of the oil will remain intact, or not knocked out of suspention.
ARX is really a well though out product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back