Thoughts on AutoRX so far...

Status
Not open for further replies.
1996 Saturn 1.9L DOHC engine, 97K on engine. 1st ARx treatment. 300 miles on fresh oil, filter and ARx, oil looks suprisingly clean so far. I'm sure the oil filter looks way worse!

One side benefit I've seen already is the idle roughness is noticeably improved. Anyone with an older Saturn knows how un-smooth the idle is with these things. I've replaced plugs, wires and motor mount prior to this ARx treatment...they helped...but ARx has helped things out even more.

I have a 96 SL1 with the 1.9L SOHC. This engine currently has 140,000 on it. I'm on my 1st rinse after the 1,500 mile cleaning.

The oil stayed really clean for about the first 1,200 miles of the ARX treatment. I haven't cut open the filter yet, but I'm going to soon.

This car was never much of an oil burner, it only started using oil at about 120,000 and only about 1/4 to 1/2 qt. every 3,000 miles.

What I did notice is that my spark plugs went bad about a week ago (during the 1st rinse cycle). When I pulled them out, they were BLACK and covered with oil. They have never been this way before???? I had just replaced them at about 125,000. I put new ones in and now it is running better than ever! I guess that the ARX, while cleaning the seals, allowed some oil through, before the seals were conditioned??????

Durring my cleaning, the car used very little oil (I almost couldn't tell at all). It will be interesting to see how much is used during this rinse cycle...I still have one more cleaning to do!

So far, I think this stuff is great
worshippy.gif
. This car hasn't run this good since it was new!

Brian

cool.gif
Got my two bottles today for my van and put one in. Had to wait a while for it to thaw after sitting on my porch, we had a high of 12 degees today.
rolleyes.gif
I think there's still some left in the bottle after it warmed up more. '87 Astro 4.3, 121k, fresh Havoline 5w-30 and NAPA Gold ten days ago. Keep ya posted.

Run hot water over Auto-Rx for 10 minutes before using,better yet bring it into your home overnight.Once in your engine oil Auto-Rx has same viscosity as your oil in whatever temperature.

I didn't thikn about the fact that ambient temperature would affect ARx's pouring ability. I figured "This stuff must be real special, it's taking 10 minutes just to pour this thing in the crankcase!" LOL I'll be preheating the next bottle...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back