pics of your tool storage chest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
vaboom i like how you have all the sockets on vertical holders.

Thank you. It just makes it easy for me to grab and go.

I was just mostly curious as to how tools were fit in their. I'm thinking once I put my 80 wrenches in their and all my pliers and stuff I would probably need two or three of those 40 inch wide tool storage chests.

I have the following 41" kobalt box:

http://www.lowes.com/webapp/wcs/stores/s...2587-_-10926682

I just counted 162 wenches in 2 of the drawers. I think you should be able to fit in 80 without any problems.

Originally Posted By: ajchien
I was just mostly curious as to how tools were fit in their. I'm thinking once I put my 80 wrenches in their and all my pliers and stuff I would probably need two or three of those 40 inch wide tool storage chests.

I just counted 162 wenches in 2 of the drawers. I think you should be able to fit in 80 without any problems.

Is this the one with a refrig and a stereo? I saw them when I worked at Lowes. Even saw one setup for delivery. I wonder if the guy who was getting it had a wife and/or kids?

Originally Posted By: vaboom123
That's a nice setup tig! I can wait to have a nice garage to putz around in
smile.gif

Thanks, I also have a small welding business I run from here and this is where I do auto work for myself. I also have a number of friends that come over and do oil changes and light mech work. This is a great place to hang out and do guy stuff.

No, not the one with the fridge and stereo.

Originally Posted By: Donald
Originally Posted By: ajchien

Is this the one with a refrig and a stereo? I saw them when I worked at Lowes. Even saw one setup for delivery. I wonder if the guy who was getting it had a wife and/or kids?

The bottom box was a present from my dad 5 years ago and he recently bought me the top box. I bought the middle and side box. I want to buy another side box but I dont trust the casters.

FB_IMG_13358940861917702.jpg

I would post some of mine but Merk's box is close enough to the way mine is arranged. He also has that fancy Snap-on box but it's in the wrong color....

Originally Posted By: Chadwilliam1
The bottom box was a present from my dad 5 years ago and he recently bought me the top box. I bought the middle and side box. I want to buy another side box but I dont trust the casters.

FB_IMG_13358940861917702.jpg

I have considered a middle cabinet, but wonder if it will make the top too high and the tool I am looking for will be hidden. I am 5'10, so kind of normal height for a man.

In lieu of adding an intermediate box to my Craftsman chest, I bought a wider one at the suggestion of my wife. I sill use the Craftsman chest.

IMG_3468.jpg

IMG_3491.jpg

IMG_5167.jpg

IMG_5174.jpg

Last edited:
Nice. Wise decision. How much was that and where did you get it from? I have wanted to see one of their boxes in person. How is the build quality?

Originally Posted By: Chadwilliam1
Nice. Wise decision. How much was that and where did you get it from? I have wanted to see one of their boxes in person. How is the build quality?

It's the 41" EX4119 and costs around $1300 shipped from Strictly ToolBoxes. The build quality is very good IMO, a notch up from the Craftsman. Drawers slide nice and smooth and the detent mechanism does a good job of holding in the drawers even when fully loaded. Even the little things like the key/lock is nicer than CM (same key opens both boxes), the back of the top chest is secured to the bottom box with metal straps and it comes with drawer liners for every drawer. I also like how you don't have to raise the top box lid in order to open/close the drawers; that took some getting use to.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: TooManyWheels
Where did that tray for the extensions come from?
My local Target store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back