Going Blind Shopping

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've gone through two sets of window blinds in my office. The first set came with the house, the replacement blinds - plain vanilla, aluminum Venetian - the tiny internal strings all melted away after a couple years. Bought (ordered to size) from Costco. Real, pure junk. Waste of time and money and looked like poop.

I would like wood. What the heck brands are good and worthy? Company that stands behind the product?

Random Google hit: http://www.selectblinds.com/wood-blinds.html

I've ordered a bunch of bali blinds for our house from blinds.com in the past and have always been satisfied with the quality. Alas, I am not a blinds expert.

I ran a lead test on my cheap blinds. You got it, loaded. Thanks China. Have a home depot out there? They have custom wood, will have them cut to your specs. Good prices overall.

I have gotten many wood blinds from J C Penny over the years and have never had one fail in service, probably half of them have gone into commercial service.

Originally Posted By: Win
I have gotten many wood blinds from J C Penny over the years and have never had one fail in service, probably half of them have gone into commercial service.

I bought some Levelor blinds from JCP a few years ago. With discounts it was almost 60% off and then are holding up well so far. I don't know how real the wood is, but they look nice and were cheaper than other options.

The strings of my vertical blinds are still working. All vertical blinds came with the house when I bought it 14 years ago, at that time the house was 27 years old, I don't know how old were the blinds when we moved in.

Nearly all of the window treatments in our home are Hunter Douglas. They were pricy when new, but are now 17 years old and still look and work like new. The west window wall was especially tricky for them to do since it was very customized and had to be automated (it's too large/time consuming to open or close everything by hand), but it still works like new.

Quote:
Where are all the blind jokes

I know what you mean. When i first saw this i wondered if his wife was dragging him around shopping all day and he was going blind from looking at stuff.

Things for the window never came to mind.
confused2.gif

You guys never heard about a house wife in shower and there is a knock on the front door? "Who is there" "blind salesman, mam"

Can you guess the ending??

Arrived perfectly packaged, on time, FedEx. Made in the USA (with some odd bits imported) Installed and quite nice for the price. Fit and finish, good enough - had a few loose fibers that I trimmed. The dark cherry looks fine in my functional office/gun room/mini man cave and the magnetic valence is genius.

For some odd reason and my brain only knows for sure, I chose pull string on left and tilt wand on right. If I had thought deeper I should have done the opposite, but not a huge deal and the company did exactly as I requested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back