Motorkote Oil additive

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have used a couple of times a oil additive called Motorkote. It really made the engine quiet, not that I had any engine noise before. Has anyone else used this additive with any luck? Or (god forbid) any bad luck?

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Read "nickthetrucker" responses. They were very detailed, silencing the anti-additive crowd.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1710930&page=1

I would try it, but I can't justify the cost. Only thing I wonder about is anything that "sticks" to a surface. Does that attract deposits? inhibit oil flow? replace oil between metal parts?

Those posts were the first and only ones he posted. So he joined and answered a few questions about motorkote and left.
SPAM!!! I am always suspicious of new posters with no post counts hawking new products.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: spasm3
Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Read "nickthetrucker" responses. They were very detailed, silencing the anti-additive crowd.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1710930&page=1

I would try it, but I can't justify the cost. Only thing I wonder about is anything that "sticks" to a surface. Does that attract deposits? inhibit oil flow? replace oil between metal parts?

Those posts were the first and only ones he posted. So he joined and answered a few questions about motorkote and left.
SPAM!!! I am always suspicious of new posters with no post counts hawking new products.

I agree in general. But in context he was replying, not hawking, no links to anywhere. So in this case I don't agree with the generalization of spamming.

Originally Posted By: fordman65
I have used a couple of times a oil additive called Motorkote. It really made the engine quiet, not that I had any engine noise before. Has anyone else used this additive with any luck? Or (god forbid) any bad luck?

And old diesel tech told me once...." You have an engine in that rig, an engine makes it's own power, a motor needs an outside source of power."

So I would not use Motorkote for that reason
crazy.gif

I know when I used the Motorkote in my 01 Sable, the fuel mileage went up to 29 mpg which was at 24-25 mpg. I read the Motorkote site, all they say is that it is hyper lubricant. I can notice that when using I have No engine noise. What is interesting about the product also is that you do not have make room for it. The most you put in is 16 oz. for a V-8 engine.
Some here may call it snake oil, I think it good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back