New Kreen Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kreen on the net is listed at 13 bucks a quart, so thats not to bad to keep in your engine for 3k or 10k which ever you use, plus say 25 bucks for oilfilter and synth.oil, so 38 dollars every oci is not that expensive really, but to each his own. PS, a gallon of MM0 is 13 bucks at wallys ,just saying.

Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
Kreen on the net is listed at 13 bucks a quart, so thats not to bad to keep in your engine for 3k or 10k which ever you use, plus say 25 bucks for oilfilter and synth.oil, so 38 dollars every oci is not that expensive really, but to each his own. PS, a gallon of MM0 is 13 bucks at wallys ,just saying.

With shipping, it's much higher.

I just got 2 quarts of Kreen. It's listed at $15 a quart on their website. But they have to ship FedEx because of it's shipping hazards.

It as just under $50 to have two quarts shipped to my house in Indiana.

Originally Posted By: bigmike
For that kind of price, I think I'd pass.

The funny thing is....if I would have known the total bill would have been $50 when I ordered, I probably wouldn't have.

HOWEVER, should see the color of my oil in my Nissan Altima. It's a very clean engine, just had some varnish. But the oil hardly changed much at all over a 4-5k OCI. It's now, the same exact color as the varnish....and thick. I think I should do an OC, but I want that Kreen in there as long as possible before I re-dose.

This stuff appears to be 100% legit. But I'll be posting more valve train pics in the next few weeks.

Originally Posted By: Phishin

With shipping, it's much higher.

I just got 2 quarts of Kreen. It's listed at $15 a quart on their website. But they have to ship FedEx because of it's shipping hazards.

It as just under $50 to have two quarts shipped to my house in Indiana.

The shipping is killing the deal.
When I ordered 2 qts over a year ago, it was under $30 IIRC. Shipped by UPS?

Used it in my Tahoe last oil change, and it cut oil consumption in half. I wish I knew about this stuff when the Tahoe was younger.

i called to order kreen today and was told she didn't know how much the shipping would be going to ny. so i passed i don't like ordering something without knowing the final total. all she said was is might be around 20 for shipping plus product cost.

Originally Posted By: macdole99
i called to order kreen today and was told she didn't know how much the shipping would be going to ny. so i passed i don't like ordering something without knowing the final total. all she said was is might be around 20 for shipping plus product cost.

Yep. And I think they have to use FedEx.

Originally Posted By: wirelessF
Lucky for you guys. They can't ship to Hawaii because they will think it will blow up the plane or something.

Kreen is not allowed in CA either.

Great stuff Steve! As you know i have been using it a long time and still i am amazed sometimes at the results it delivers in a very short time.

In over two and a half years and more cars than i can count ( i have used more than 10 gallons since i started using it) not one lube related engine problem.

Instead of using snake oil at over $25 a small 12oz bottle i urge anyone on the fence to spend the 11 or 12 bucks, get a free can of kroil in the deal and try it.
You wont be disappointed. no clean and rinse phases then repeat till you get old. Just pour it in and drive it, done.
Results will be immediate or within a coupe of hundred miles and you don't need a maintenance dose which dips into you pocket infinitum.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Great stuff Steve! As you know i have been using it a long time and still i am amazed sometimes at the results it delivers in a very short time.

In over two and a half years and more cars than i can count ( i have used more than 10 gallons since i started using it) not one lube related engine problem.

Instead of using snake oil at over $25 a small 12oz bottle i urge anyone on the fence to spend the 11 or 12 bucks, get a free can of kroil in the deal and try it.
You wont be disappointed. no clean and rinse phases then repeat till you get old. Just pour it in and drive it, done.
Results will be immediate or within a coupe of hundred miles and you don't need a maintenance dose which dips into you pocket infinitum.

Nice report Trav and Steve. I'm a user too. We dosed my brother's Ford 351 powered boat with it just after he bought it, the oil turned a varnish like color within about an hours spirited run. It must have done some fast cleaning in that new to us engine. Right before my winter OCI I'll be dosing my E-150 with it again. Good stuff well worth the money.

I've put so much MMO through my crankcase in the last 6 months, its crazy. MMO no longer accelerates the darkening of my oil.

Put a point of Kreen in my truck yesterday....drove 100 miles on the highway, my oil looks like liquid asphalt. Holy cow!!

And since my Nissan can only turn it reddish-dark honey after 1500 miles, that engine never was that dirty to begin with.

Can't wrap my head around it. This Kreen beast sounds extremely more potent than Berryman's B12 CHEMTOOL.....yet, they've remember the dosing directions from the CHEMTOOL cans...

when it DID have dosing instructions, If I recall it was 6 oz. for 4 cylinders....and 8 oz. for v8......

And people are running mini-OCIs with Kreen in the oil....? If I recall, the Berryman's can directed it to be used a flush.....like a half hour before your OCI.....idling in the drive way.....

I'm tempted to just re-visit the Berryman's B-12 CHEMTOOL
smile.gif
Then again....B-12 doesn't have any "lubricating" properties to it I don't think....hehe. Acetone, Methanol, Xylene, Tulene (sp?), IPA, and some other "stuff" if I recall....

And the Kreen dosing is a lot larger....aren't they? x oz. per QUART of oil....vs. Berryman's old directions of x oz. per cylinder...hehe

It's similar dosing. We add about a pint (half quart) to a crankcase of usually 5 quarts.

My Nissan only holds 3.6 quarts, so I added 10 oz (about a 1/3 quart). Once it burned off, I added an ounce here and another ounce later.

But the dosing has NOTHING to do with solvent. It's like comparing 500mg's of tylenol vs. 500mg of Morphine. The dose has nothing to do with how "strong" it is.

Skip the B12. It's nothing more than Seafoam. Buy some Kreen and watch your engine puke out some nasty black crud.

I do not want to be misunderstood but didn't you say that after using Kreen, your engine started to burn oil at alarming rate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back